I love speed skating and downhill skiing | Golden Skate

I love speed skating and downhill skiing

Vash01

Medalist
I love watching a lot of the winter sports during the Olys (besides FS, of course), but I have really started enjoying speed skating. Last Olympics I saw a real speed skating competition, so I have a better feel for it now. The races have been pretty exciting so far, and not just because US skaters won the gold. There are some interesting stories, like the Russian skater who won after she became a mother. Tonight the skater from Holland, after being DQ'ed in her earlier event, won the gold in 1000 meters. There is the not so good story about the US skaters having a problem with Shani Davis not participating in the team event. Chad Hedric, who recently started competing on ice (he was an inline skater) and Joey Cheek who just seems to donate all his winnings every time he wins a medal- make for interesting stories off the ice.

I also enjoy watching downhill skiing- lots of surprises. I also liked the story of the Croatian skiier who won the gold last night. She underwent eleven knee surgeries. Her brother is also competing it seems and her father is her coach.

It seems I like speed in general.

Vash

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
Vash01 said:
I also enjoy watching downhill skiing- lots of surprises. I also liked the story of the Croatian skiier who won the gold last night. She underwent eleven knee surgeries. Her brother is also competing it seems and her father is her coach.
Vash

Yeah, actually her brother won the bronze in combination, which really was a much bigger surprise than that Janica Kostelic would win the females combination..She just wins everything, already have like 3 gold and 1 silver from SLC. I do hope someone else can get some of the medals too..I love surprises!

Vash01

Medalist
Janica won one more medal tonight- a silver. I loved watching her reaction when she saw Dorfmiller move into first place. She applauded and hugged the woman who had just beaten her to take the gold.

I love watching good sportsmanship.

Vash