Thread: Sasha will look for "Tomato" at closing ceremony!

Sasha will look for "Tomato" at closing ceremony!

This is part of an editorial on MSNBC about Sasha's Olympic Quest:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11460445/

Edited to note that I think Tomato has left the patch and come back to the States. Sasha has not been updated, methinks!
    Last edited by 76olympics; 02-20-2006 at 06:59 PM.

I just hope Sasha is not feeling like she has the weight of the whole U.S.A. on her shoulders, like this author suggests:

"If these Olympic Games are to be rescued from the [U.S.] memory scrap pile, then Cohen will have to do something special beginning Tuesday in the women’s short program.

"Cohen is about the only one left who might deliver [an Olympic touchstone moment]. We lost Michelle Kwan long ago, and the others such as Bode Miller and Apolo Ohno have been disappointments. The U.S. hockey teams, both the men and women, have made opposing goaltenders look like lead-reinforced walls.

"But now comes women’s figure skating, and here is where we start paying attention again. Cohen can still turn this around, move the 2006 Games from scrapheap to scrapbook."

Forget all that, Sasha, just skate your heart out!

MM

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I just hope Sasha is not feeling like she has the weight of the whole U.S.A. on her shoulders, like this author suggests:

"If these Olympic Games are to be rescued from the [U.S.] memory scrap pile, then Cohen will have to do something special beginning Tuesday in the women’s short program.

"Cohen is about the only one left who might deliver [an Olympic touchstone moment]. We lost Michelle Kwan long ago, and the others such as Bode Miller and Apolo Ohno have been disappointments. The U.S. hockey teams, both the men and women, have made opposing goaltenders look like lead-reinforced walls.

"But now comes women’s figure skating, and here is where we start paying attention again. Cohen can still turn this around, move the 2006 Games from scrapheap to scrapbook."

Forget all that, Sasha, just skate your heart out!

MM
    Some athletes are actually flying back for Closing Ceremonies-The 'Tomato' may be there especially if he saw Sasha's interview on Olympic Ice tonight!

Hopefully Sasha is avoiding reading any negative articles, etc. My guess is she is since she seems determined to shy away from the Media. I think she'll be fine.

Custom Title
    I've often wondered if it is possible for an athlete to escape all the media pressure, since it is so pervasive.

Tripping on the Podium
    I think Sasha will be ok. I think she's handling everything well this season, and making very good choices. She seems stronger than in the past.

Custom Title

Sweet Sasha

It just goes to show you what a sweet girl Sasha really is. Looking for Tomatohead instead of just letting him find her if he wants to meet. I love this girl. That's why I'm a Sashist!

Custom Title
    I have the same impression Scott Hamilton does. She has a better chance at winning the gold medal than Shaun does with Sasha.

I can see her and Tanith sneak up on the guy and have him pass out.

Ryan Bradley makes me leak!
    I don't think she has a better chance at the gold than Shaun does with her.

He's so cute.

It's all about Plushenko.
    I don't see why the author thinks that Sasha has such a small chance at a medal. Obviously he doesn't know anything about skating. Irina's the only lock for a medal. Carolina and Shizz are both great skaters but Sasha has had a better record in the past year.