Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So After Olympics what will Belbin Do?

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

So After Olympics what will Belbin Do?

Many Canadians take up American citizenship, but also keep their Canadian status, just in case they ever want to return to Canada. Seeing that Tanith Belbin still has roots here with her family, what will she do? Stay in the US or come back home? I guess it depends on her future plans with ice dance.

I hope that Belbin and Agosto continue competing, regardless of the outcome in tonight's competition.

Creative Compilation Compiler aka 3axel
    Tanith and Ben will continue to skate for at least ten years or so. Maybe in competition or maybe in the Pros, but they'll still be a team.

Ballroom Baby
    Her coach is here and her partner is here and she skates for the US. I'd assume that they're planning on Vancouver 2010, since ice dancers can easily manage two or even three Olympics (I thought I heard the commentators say one team here is on their FIFTH!) so I would assume after the Olympics she'll be back in Plymouth-Canton, training.

Ryan Bradley makes me leak!
    I'm certain they'll stick with it until at least 2010... if not 2018 or 2022

well 2010 was always their goal... so I'm guessing they'll stick around for four more years and then they've always got the pro ranks and I bet they are already being courted by both Tom Collins and Scott Hamilton (here's hoping Scott wins )

Custom Title
    What will B&A do after the Olympics: Gp to DisneyWorld. of course.

Anything else, why waste your time speculating+

Hey LAD, I have no doubt that Tanith will hightail it back to her beloved Canada just as fast as her gorgeous legs can carry her. Maybe Ben will see the error of his misguided ways and apply for Canadian citizenship before the Vancouver games.

Custom Title
    Trainning for gold at 2010. I guess?

Medalist

Tanith

It was reported Tanith was house hunting with Fedor. I am not sure if they did buy the house. I am assuming the house in US. Tanith's parents currently live in Atlanta.

Custom Title
    The Immigration department is ticky about going back and forth. Since she recently got her citizenship, she will have to get a special visa to go back to Canada just to visit. That may change as time passes. I only know this because my fiance is Canadian and will get his citizenship here once we are married. We can't even get married in Canada. The rules are pretty strict. Of course she may have more pull with the powers that be.

Custom Title
    Tanith's parents live in the US (I believe, in Atlanta), and Tanith has lived in the US since 1998. She has strong roots here, so I see no reason why she would want to go back to Canada to live. I expect Tanith and Ben to compete at least until 2010.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Hey LAD, I have no doubt that Tanith will hightail it back to her beloved Canada just as fast as her gorgeous legs can carry her. Maybe Ben will see the error of his misguided ways and apply for Canadian citizenship before the Vancouver games.

Not so sure about that. I think she has embraced the US - probably never to return to these shores. Oh well.....

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater
    Not so sure about that. I think she has embraced the US - probably never to return to these shores. Oh well.....
    Don't the US and Canada technically have the same shores?

I think they're gonna stick it out till '10. This was just kind of a bonus for them, and if they came thisclose this time around, they'd be nuts not to see if they can make the last push to the top of the podium.

The San Diego Union, in some fluff piece at the start of the Games, had a thing about which athlete was most likely to do what (like Most Likely To Make A Million Dollars, Most Likely To Be Caught Dating Lindsay Lohan, stupid stuff like that), and Tanith was voted Most Likely To Pose Nude For Something. So there may be that, too....

I think that's just wishful thinking on their part...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast