Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Olympic silver great way for Lambiel to retire!

Banned

Olympic silver great way for Lambiel to retire!

Since I am sure Stephane is retiring after Turin the Olympic Silver medal was a great way to end his career. He had everything against him alot of injuries, huge disadvantage in judging being from a tiny country, judges dislike of his skating style, chronic knee problems, but he triumphed over all to win a World gold and Olympic silver. Everything was against him but he still came through with these great accomplishements. I will miss his skating but it was a great way to end his career.

You need to stop drinking before sunset.

Ryan Bradley makes me leak!
    Why would he retire now? I doubt it.

Custom Title
    Lambiel is doing well so i doubt he will retire after Torino. I don't think he is going to repeat in Vancouver cause Buttle is going to be put ahead of him no matter how badly he skates

Custom Title
    Lambiel is doing well so i doubt he will retire after Torino. I don't think he is going to repeat in Vancouver cause Buttle is going to be put ahead of him no matter how badly he skates

You did make that statement up. I mean like there wasn't anything official about it. Was it that you want him out of the picture so he won't stand in someone else's way? I hope you are not desperate for your favorite to be silver to Plushy at Worlds.

I'm all for Buttle to compete against an injured Stephane.

Joe

Tripping on the Podium
    What makes you think he'll retire? I don't know about Plushy, but I fully expect the rest of the mens' top 5- Lambiel, Buttle, Lysacek, Weir- to try to fight their way to Vancouver 2010.

Rinkside
    He is not going to retire... he's only 20

Banned
    I would bet alot of money Stephane will be gone after Worlds this year. The judges hate him and undermark him in every area except jumps, he has persistent knee problems, he has a World gold and Oly silver which he will never do better then or match again all things considered, and I have read he wants to be a student.

retire?! ya i doubt it! haha.

Custom Title
    Stephane may have to retire before 2010; he has had repeated problems with injury. However, I think that he will try to retain his world title in Calgary, at least (especially since there have been reports on FSU that Plushy will skip that event.)

average opinionated skate fan
    Since I am sure Stephane is retiring after Turin the Olympic Silver medal was a great way to end his career.
    Extensive google searches show no announcement of Lambiel's retirement after the worlds/Olympics.

You need to stop drinking before sunset.
    Extensive searches of Goldenskate show that insulting posters over their opinions still one of the top five ways to P**s people off.

Rinkside
    That's just plain silly. He 's only 20 and the original poster evidently made that "information" up.
    Also, how come the judges hate him? Where did you get that from?
    I would love him to get higher marks, but considering his lack of concentation (often), I think his placements are usually ok..

I think the original poster just likes to be provacative. It's ok.

Joe

Banned
    He always gets much lower marks than he deserves in PCS, spins, and footwork. Only in jumps does he get the scores he deserves. The judges love all of Plushenko, Buttle, Lysacek, Weir, and Joubert much more than him, but the events he has his successes he so far outskates those skaters he beats they have no choice but to give him his placing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast