Ladies Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Wow.......Kimberly is holding her own against some long time international skaters............good for her.........:thumbsup: 42

rain

Record Breaker
Nmsis said:
Sokolova is out of the podium. And she won't come back.:cry:

Definitely. However, I actually thought her scores, while not good, were pretty generous for what she did. Anyway, felt bad for her as she sat in the K&C trying not to do the latter.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
isn't ti great with so many perfect skates? they've already beaten the men.. Really impressed of Yan Liu :clap:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Nmsis said:

I kept refreshing the torino 2006 page because i assumed it wasn't updating... this is so sad, since i love cupcake & wanted her to do well... :no:

Nmsis

On the Ice
Engwaciriel said:
isn't ti great with so many perfect skates? they've already beaten the men.. Really impressed of Yan Liu :clap:

I 'm afraid I'm feeling the opposite. I don't find ladies exciting usually and that's definitly the same here. Beside Meissner, none was really worth it. Liu was interesting but .... Someone from another board called the competition "attack of the clone" (except the jumps). I pretty much agree with that.
I just hope that the best will be real good like at the Europeans where the 2 last groups of the long program were nice to see. :love:

millie

Medalist
They are showing some skaters live on CBC. They are going back and forth from sking to skating.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Nmsis said:
:banging: :banging: :banging:

Edited to add: Good for Kimmie though! :agree:

Nmsis

On the Ice
Waoouuuuuh, Ge-or-gia !!!! Ge -or-gia !!!! Ge-or- gia !!!!
The first thrill of the evening !!!!
What a brilliant young lady !!!!

She is second. The public has a mixed reaction. They wanted her 1st. So do I.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Glebova is currently in last place (13th) & Gedevanishili has moved into 2nd behind Meissner & in front of Rochette. Ando has now moved into 3rd, Rochette is 4th. Hughes is next.

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
Wow the judges were generous with Ando. I thought she should have been behind Rochette, with the mistake on the jump and almost running into the boards on the spiral sequence. I think reputation has reared it's ugly head for the first time.

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
It's driving me crazy watching the scores update at torino2006.org, the details coming up on nbcolympics.com, and the comments from y'all that are getting to see it already. It's like crack!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sk8fanconvert said:
It's driving me crazy watching the scores update at torino2006.org, the details coming up on nbcolympics.com, and the comments from y'all that are getting to see it already. It's like crack!

lol... I'm just glad I'm not the only one having to wait to see it!!!

has ABC ever shown the skater currently in 2nd place... her name does not look familiar!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Emily in third so far.........good for her. It's going to get really crowded at the top before this is over.............42