Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What did Heiss do to Miki Ando???

Rinkside
    japan believes in miki. yes she more marketable. she's young and has the qualities the japanese love. and she has proven herself in the past couple seasons. being junior world champion, first lady to land a quad at int'l competition, and 4th in worlds, multiple medals in the gp series. she did rack up the points the japanese fed decided to go with this olympic season. so sending here was no mistake. she just had a bad year. great programs with potential, but she must be having problems... confidence perhaps, awkwardness with a developping body. new coach, new rink, new choreography. plus tons of media attention and unforgiving fans.

a word on the costumes.. i heard it was designed by someone really renowned.. like an oscar winning costume designer. so she was excited to wear them for her programs, even though i liked her original customers better.

the japanese lady usually have pretty decent dresses, more simple, than the flashy-in-your-face by some european skaters.

Medalist
    I disagree with sending Miki based on past results just as much as I objected to Kwan being sent for the same reason. When push comes to shove, it has nothing to do with past results. It has everything to do with what you can do NOW, as Miki (and Shizuka) proved to us last night.

Custom Title
    Miki-chan,

Watching you last night made me feel guilty that I abandoned skating for the last two years due to COP. Up until that point you were my favorite skater, and I realized that last night you still are (no lie). How I could kick myself for not watching skating since that time, especially your journey, as it is painfully obvious to me that you got lost somewhere.

Go back home, Miki-chan, go back home to Japan.....take time off.....and decide what you want to do with your life. Don't come back for your country, come back for yourself. Otherwise, it will be a waste. And I'm not talking about the waste of your one-in-a-billion talent (that too), but rather a waste of you, and only you.

A champion not only needs natural talent, which you have coming out of your ears (lol), but also discipline, discipline, discipline, and *natural* drive to be the very best. And to be the very best you have to B-E--L-I-E-V-E! Otherwise, as I stated before, it's a waste.

Arigatou, Nadine

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Misplaced Gymnast
    I disagree with sending Miki based on past results just as much as I objected to Kwan being sent for the same reason. When push comes to shove, it has nothing to do with past results. It has everything to do with what you can do NOW, as Miki (and Shizuka) proved to us last night.
    Clearly, but the NOW you mention is still in the future when a team is chosen so any selection process is based on results prior to the competition.

Rinkside
    That was Miki? I thought it was her evil twin sister!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Gipson
    Clearly, but the NOW you mention is still in the future when a team is chosen so any selection process is based on results prior to the competition.
    True, but I'd still take the results of the Nationals ("NOW" when they happen) over "She was really good 12 months ago." Michelle clearly was *not* in the same shape this year that she was last April.

And, as others have pointed out, if past results are so important, Brian Boitano & Peggy Fleming should have been on this year's Olympic team.

Custom Title
    P.S. (i.e. addendum to my earlier post) ~ before you know it, four years will be here in the blink of an eye, as 2002 honestly seems like yesterday. So I hope Miki stays in, as 2010 will be here before she knows it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3