Sylvia Fontana - Why did NBC show her? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sylvia Fontana - Why did NBC show her?

childfreegirl

Final Flight
hrmsk8ngnutt said:
:rock: :laugh: :clap:
Another gay man in agreement with you!!!! (And how great that she has a hot husband!!!) Go Silvia!!!! I think she'll do a good job in the long - and NBC better show it!!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Y'all crack me up! :laugh: Yep, I'd love to see her LP too. She's hot (this coming from a straight female) and she's mature. And how often do we actually get to see a skater that finished in the SP so low? Never mind she is who she is. I'm just glad I got to see her.

AUT

Spectator
I believe Scott Hamilton has a great influence on the skaters that are broadcast on NBC's telecast. Hamilton co-owns Stars on Ice tour and Zimmerman skated on SOI with Silvia when Kyoko was recovering from shoulder surgery.
Hamilton is promoting his interests (skater on his tour) and agressively pushing possible future SOI skaters (most likely Evan L) . I also believe that he recommended Sandra Bezic as his co commentator on at least the 2002 Olympics because she was SOI's choreographer.
His FOX skating show only features SOI skaters (past and current).

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
My husband concurs... I just told him about this thread and his exact words: See! I told you! That chick is HOT and actually prettier than her husband! We should move to Italy!" Of course, then I had to point out that she lives in the US and its highly doubtful that she'd leave John "The Prettiest Man I Ever Saw" Zimmerman for him... I was then told I had no loyalty. :cool:

Hmmm.... Sounds like a bit of a double standard to me..... :laugh:

The odd thing, tho, tying in to what I said earlier, is that Zimmerman never has done a thing for me. Too pretty for a guy. As I tell some of my friends, if I were into "pretty" I'd be straight......:laugh: He, to me, is one of those guys who falls under the category of "Stereotypically Hot", as in, we have been told, in a subliminal fashion, that guys who look like this are supposed to be hot, and that kind of thing just turns me off. I think guys with an imperfection here and there (too big a nose, odd bone structure) are much more interesting to look at. That being said, I've been trying for years to figure out if I think Emanuel Sanhu is cute or not (jury is still out), but that's getting into a different topic entirely.....

soogar

Record Breaker
I really like Sylvia and I felt bad for her (and Carolina) that they didn't skate well in the SP. Sylvia had busted her a$$ to get herself in shape and skated very well at Italian National. How come no one is complaining about them showing Sokolova's meltdown? She's lucky she qualified for the LP.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
julietvalcouer said:
Okay, nothing against Fontana, or Zimmerman for that matter, but am I the only straight female who is just not in awe of the hotness that is him?

Yes, you are... :yes: