What Skaters Will Turn Up? | Golden Skate

What Skaters Will Turn Up?

carol45

Rinkside
It''s a post-Olympics Worlds year. Does anybody know who will or will not turn up in Calgary?

kolab

Spectator
i read a headline somehwhere that Zhang/Zhang are going, mostly likely Pang/Tong are going too. I hope Shen/Zhao are going too. Tot/Max are not going since they repeatedly said they the olympics are their last competiton.

Linny

Final Flight
Won't miss 'em

I for one won't miss Tot/Mar.

Any word on Michelle Kwan?

Linny

eliza88

On the Ice
I don't think Michelle can go...she had a medical bye for the Olympics, but was never named to the World team. I believe the US will be sending Cohen, Meissner, and Hughes.

Does anyone know the deadline for the athletes? So curious if Irina, Plushenko, or N/K are planning on going! Is Lambiel going?

eliza88

Frau Muller

Final Flight
It's been announced -- none of the top Russians going. N/K have retired (in addition to T/M and P/T).

I predict a 'Four Continents Romp' (N.Am & Asian skaters) with the gold medals here. Countries only...you can fill-in the names.

Ladies - Japanese/American/Candadian

Men - American/Canadian/Japanese

Pairs - Chinese sweep of podium 1-2-3

Dance - American/Canadian/one European (Ukraine or Bulgaria)

soogar

Record Breaker
Frau Muller said:
It's been announced -- none of the top Russians going. N/K have retired (in addition to T/M and P/T).

I predict a 'Four Continents Romp' (N.Am & Asian skaters) with the gold medals here. Countries only...you can fill-in the names.

Ladies - Japanese/American/Candadian

Men - American/Canadian/Japanese

Pairs - Chinese sweep of podium 1-2-3

Dance - American/Canadian/one European (Ukraine or Bulgaria)

I think two Japanese ladies will be on the podium : Fumie and Yukari with Cohen sandwiched in the middle.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
soogar said:
I think two Japanese ladies will be on the podium : Fumie and Yukari with Cohen sandwiched in the middle.

Whatever happened with your predictions of podium placements for Meissner and/or Hughes?