Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What kind of tights do you like to wear for practice?

What kind of tights do you like to wear for practice?

Over the boot?
    In the boot?
    To the ankle?
    To the heel?
    Stirrup?

I like to wear mine either in the boot over to the heel.
    Last edited by CDMM1991; 02-01-2006 at 06:30 PM.

Medalist
    I wear in the boot or over the boot tights. But over the boot tights tear easily so I get the Mondor ones that have more cotton in them. They're a little thicker.

Skater Girl
    over the boot or under the boot, depending on my mood.

What do you mean by under the boot?

Skater Girl
    Just normal tights. I meant in the boot. I think my brain is dead from my polisci exam today.

Usually what I do is wear normal tights, then a pair of OTB tights over that. Though I guess it's sort of silly since I can just wear some thin socks with my skates...
    Last edited by Lanie; 02-01-2006 at 08:22 PM.

Ballroom Baby
    It depends. If I'm practicing in a skirt or dress, I wear overboots, as I would for testing. If I'm wearing warm-up pants or tights (I have an old pair of riding breeches I use sometimes) I wear a pair of footed tights under them. (For that matter, I double-layer the footed under the overboot when I use those. I STILL freeze, but it adds a little warmth.)

The Mondor overboots don't run as easily? Hm. Maybe I'll get those--I have Capezio overboots right now and they're starting to shred.

Banned
    Typically, in the boot. If it is really really cold I'll wear my heave Mondors, which are footless, and too thick to comfortably tuck inside the boot so then I will wear them over the ankle.

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    As I am from Serbia, there's nowhere to buy tights, so I don't have a lot of them. I have a few thights in the boot and a few over the boot. When I am watching skaters, there are no rules, it deppends of the skater, how it looks on her. Personally, I like all kinds of tights, but I think that over the boot and in the boot are the best for competitions. Stirrup are perfect for practice (if your skates are looking nice ).My skates are not white, so for now, the best for me are over the boot tights.

Tripping on the Podium
    for practice i wear footed ones (in the boot) with over the boot tights over top for warmth... plus, having the over-the-boot tights helps keep my skates tied, and it helps protect the boot

Rinkside
    -
    Last edited by JFiguresk8; 11-17-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Custom Title
    I normally wear footed tights (supermarket 40 or 60 denier black ones are fine for practice) and lycra boot-covers, but this week I've been wearing a very heavy pair of stirrup tights and knitted boot covers, it's been so cold! Today I wore sweatpants , which I often do if we aren't going to work at our lifts.

For competition, always over-the-boot tights, which I do keep for best (they're expensive!).

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Redboots
    For competition, always over-the-boot tights, which I do keep for best (they're expensive!).
    yeah the over-the boot tights are expensive!!! i have a competition/test pair i save and keep nice, and then when they start to get holes i retire them to be used for practice and get new over the boot tights for competitions

I should be studying!
    Mrs. Redboots,

I couldn't get your journal link to work for some reason.

Custom Title
    Whoops, sorry about that. Should be fixed now.

Incidentally, if any British skaters are lurking, I see that Lidl are planning to sell 100-denier tights in a variety of colour or sizes next week for about £2.99 a pair. I plan to stock up.

Ballroom Baby
    Brinababy--based off your post, I got the thicker Mondors for my new pair (I'm death on all tights--I LOOK at them and they run) for my test next week. We'll see how they work. (I just hope they're warm--I get so cold at that rink...)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast