Olympic Medals, Italian Style......... | Golden Skate

Olympic Medals, Italian Style.........

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Okay, I guess I can make a comment here, being half Italian myself, but did anyone think that the Oly medals this Olympic looked a bit "clunky", like large "washers" with the nut and bolt missing? I am sure they're special in their own way and very much valued by the owners, but come on now.......not very delicate.........:p 42

mike79

On the Ice
Maybe if the medallists put them in CD players they can listen to the Olympic Hymn!:rofl:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Good one, Mike.........I also think that they better not be wearing them on any boat trips they might take.........if their boat goes down........look out, those suckers look like they weigh ten pounds at least........:biggrin: 42

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
Justafan said:
I think of them as the Golden Donuts.:biggrin:

Someone on another board said 'did Krispy Kremes win the design competition?" :laugh:

On tv they look like CD's or DVD's to me. Oh well. The athletes seem happy enough with them. :biggrin:

Btw I read an article on that same board that Beijing is commissioning artists to design the medals for 2008. Anyone can submit their designs. ;)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I remember the medals from Lillehammer, they were etched, I think, lovely and light...........Nagano had crystal in them, if memory serves. These seem overly large and heavy...........42

soogar

Record Breaker
The nice thing about these medals is that they are sports specific. The snowboarders have a snow boarder etched on it, the figure skaters have a figure skater in the front etc.

Antilles

Medalist
I like the medals. Anything would be better than the crappy ones handed out in Salt Lake. I liked the Nagano and Lillehammer ones, but I hated the mostly glass Albertville ones.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I suppose each country tries to be unique and different. I just thought these were a bit overdone..........42

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Antilles said:
Anything would be better than the crappy ones handed out in Salt Lake.
I bet the atheletes who won them didn't think they were crappy!!

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I like the 06 medals better than the 02 medals... at least these look clean... and don't look like a 2 year old made them with playdough

katharine.

Spectator
Tonichelle said:
I like the 06 medals better than the 02 medals... at least these look clean... and don't look like a 2 year old made them with playdough

I know! Those ones last time looked like flat rocks on string. But honestly, I'd take any Olympic medal I was given, hands down.

Jill

On the Ice
PLAYDO:laugh:! I thought SLC medals were dumb looking, too. Actually, I didn't like these medals at first sight, but now, I think they're kinda cool.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
this years medals could be used as self defense as well... they just look like something you could whip around and smack the bad guy a good one :laugh:

I'm so violent