ARAKAWA Shizuka long program | Golden Skate

ARAKAWA Shizuka long program

kellyd

Spectator
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the music was that was used in ARAKAWA Shizuka's long program tonight during the Olympics? It sounded so familiar but I couldn't place it??
Thanks, Kellyd

sk8rmom

Rinkside
It was Puccini's "Turando".

Absolutely gorgeous music that just carries you along, doesn't it?? :)

K-Mo

On the Ice
Specifically, the ending was "Nessun Dorma" from Turandot. It is beautiful! :love: I love to listen to Puccini without words.

The Olympics opened up with Pavarotti singing Nessum Durme and closed with Shizuka skating to it.

It was a good tune to use in Italy!:thumbsup:

Joe

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
The Olympics opened up with Pavarotti singing Nessum Durme and closed with Shizuka skating to it.

It was a good tune to use in Italy!:thumbsup:

Joe
They haven't closed yet -- Plushenko is planning a Puccini-filled exhibition program, arranged by Edvin Marton. I would expect some Turandot, particularly music that ends with the word "victory."

sk8addict

On the Ice
Opera

kellyd said:
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the music was that was used in ARAKAWA Shizuka's long program tonight during the Olympics? It sounded so familiar but I couldn't place it??
Thanks, Kellyd
If you ever get a chance, go see the opera Turando. It's my favorite! Even if you think you are not an opera fan, this is the one to see. What a great story! There was no doubt that Arakawa was skating the role of Turando herself.