Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sasha

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Lori Nichol (on the CBC) explained the differences between Irina's program and Sasha's program. Irina's program was all punch and not much choreography where Sasha's program was filled with little moments of drama. Sasha should actually consider acting. It was really neat the way Lori explained it.

To me Sasha's skate was worthy of a gold medal, despite the falls. It was filled with drama and passion and beautiful moves.

The way Paul Martini called it, sounded like Sasha was skating with an injury that no one was fully aware of. My heart goes out to Sasha. She put on a brave face and gave it her best.

Congratulations on her sivler medal.

[CENTER]Something I've never noticed before. She is apparently sporting a Kabbalah bracelet these days. How trendy.[/CENTER]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    [CENTER]Something I've never noticed before. She is apparently sporting a Kabbalah bracelet these days. How trendy.[/CENTER]

She's been wearing that since Nats. She said Evan Lysecek tied it on her at Nats.

[CENTER]Alot of good that thing did for both of them :sheesh:[/CENTER]

Custom Title
    Sasha won an Olympic Silver medal and Evan pulled off an Olympian performance to pull himself up from 10th place to 4th. It seemed to work pretty good as far as I am concerned.

Praise the Heavens.

Quote Originally Posted by kyla2
    I have to tell you I was very impressed with the way Sasha handled the questions after she skated. She said that she felt lucky to get any medal and that she didn't think she would even end up on the podium. She has matured into a very poised and likable young woman. I have alot of respect for Sasha for fighting back and for her poise in handling tough questions. She showed grace and dignity and was a credit to her country.
    ITA. I am very proud of her! Once she got past that shaky beginning, she skated beautifully.

Custom Title
    I felt Sasha deserved the Gold. She was the only one who exhibited any type of emotion and expression. But I guess everyone would have been mad. Shikuza was good but boring.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel
    I felt Sasha deserved the Gold. She was the only one who exhibited any type of emotion and expression. But I guess everyone would have been mad. Shikuza was good but boring.
    But emotion and expression alone do not a champion make. All the emotion in the world cannot make up for THREE mistakes. A heavy fall, then putting down both feet and both hands on the scond jump, then a clear two-footing of the second jump in her sequence, just too many mistakes to EVER justify winning over Shizuka.

Custom Title
    I've never been a Sasha fan and I was not rooting for her to win gold but did want her to be on the podium as she is an American. But I have to say, before her LP started I had a lump in my gut and that I have only felt before MK began a program. What's going on with you, I asked myself, you're not a Sasha fan. I was happy Shiz won but I thought Sasha delivered big time after the two jump mistakes. I was moved like hell by her LP and liked it more than Shizuka's in that SA was expressive but expressionless and Sasha skated from the heart the way MK does. It was beautifully choreographed and performed and I thought the point spread between her and Shiz was not reflective and what occured on the ice. And all of her interviews have been paradigms of good sportspersonship. I have in short become a Sasha fan and hope she takes gold at Worlds.

Skater Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by dancindiva03
    But emotion and expression alone do not a champion make. All the emotion in the world cannot make up for THREE mistakes. A heavy fall, then putting down both feet and both hands on the scond jump, then a clear two-footing of the second jump in her sequence, just too many mistakes to EVER justify winning over Shizuka.
    For once I agree with you. Shizuka was indeed kind of blah, but she stood on her feet when everyone else below her screwed up. I liked her 2004 Worlds performance MUCH better than this one. This was just a splatfest. Too bad.

I would hope they support the religion because of some spiritual value, not as a good luck piece...

Rinkside
    I am so glad to see you post again, Nadine. I always appreciate your perspective and have missed seeing your messages.

Custom Title
    Hi busybeemom,

Well, it looks like you've *never* posted (lol), until now. And I thank you for your kind comment (much appreciated), especially seeing as how you are a senior member & have been around even longer than me, by a few months. (:^)

Lol, to tell the truth, it just feels like yesterday I used to post here, and I see nothing has changed (both good & bad, the usual).

Taking time off & not following f.s. like I used to, especially after COP's implementation, I'm glad I did so, as watching the Ladies Olympic FS was like watching skating again as kid with fresh unspoiled eyes, and I got to appreciate each & every one. But, that said, when Sasha took the ice, I was literally blown away! And would advise everybody to take a year or more off f.s., then watch, whoa there's nothing like it. Hard to explain, but not being influenced by others' opinions both good & bad, one can watch & *really&truly* appreciate when one sees a phenomenal performance, which Sasha's was. Yes, Miki Ando is a still my favorite skater, but that had nothing to do with how I felt when Sasha became Juliette. Like I said, her single performance alone is what brought me back after a 2 yr. absence (no lie). Nothing else.

What continues to break my heart for her is that she has the capability of being the BEST f.s. in history (bar none, even my all-time favs Sonja, Oksana, Sarah)! This I say b/c no one, and I mean no one can touch her when she's *on*, and that includes doing the difficult jumps. Yet, she never has been *on*. And by that I mean fulfilling the technical part as well. And I'm not just talking about completing 7 triple jumps or adding a 3/3 combo., spin, et al. What I mean by that is she's capable of being the only woman in history to FULLY ROTATE the 4S. Yes, Miki Ando's was ratified as such, but she's never fully rotated it, ever. Whereas Sasha's has not only been fully rotated, but *overrated* (no lie). My tapes nor do my eyes lie.

I'll never give up on Sasha. I seriously don't care if she never wins the Olympic Gold Medal or becomes World Champion, I'd just like to see her complete O-N-E perfect routine, with the 4S, at a major international competition, or Nationals. That's it. Just to show the world that she can do it. I'll send her flowers.

Gotta go, been on too long as it is.

Bye, Nadine

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine
    When Sasha took the ice, I was literally blown away! I felt Sasha became Juliette.
    You and Sandra Bezic. I sure hope that doesn't make THIS guy Romeo. [/CENTER]

Banned
    I liked that she acknowledged she was lucky to win the silver. She even realizes what a farce it was, but was gracious enough to recognize that. I agree she is maturing greatly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast