Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sasha

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    [CENTER]You and Sandra Bezic. I sure hope that doesn't make THIS guy Romeo. [/CENTER]

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    I liked that she acknowledged she was lucky to win the silver. She even realizes what a farce it was, but was gracious enough to recognize that. I agree she is maturing greatly.
    She was lucky, but lucky only because only one of her competitors stepped up to the plate. Remember, it's not her fault that everyone else fell or messed up...it's only her fault that SHE fell and messed up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    She was lucky, but lucky only because only one of her competitors stepped up to the plate. Remember, it's not her fault that everyone else fell or messed up...it's only her fault that SHE fell and messed up.
    She messed up worse than her competitors. She was the only one in the final flight of 6 women with two falls in the final flight. Nowhere but these Olympics would she have beaten Irina with two falls.

Down With It
    Nowhere but these Olympics would she have beaten Irina with two falls.
    Now THIS comment ITA with. It was shocking enough that she got a medal, but even more shocking that Irina skated the way she did. I thought (Irina) would have at least gotten silver. That was just unbelieveable!

She still has a chance at the World Championship. Maybe a World title might appease her a bit.

Banned
    Now THIS comment ITA with. It was shocking enough that she got a medal, but even more shocking that Irina skated the way she did. I thought (Irina) would have at least gotten silver. That was just unbelieveable!

She still has a chance at the World Championship. Maybe a World title might appease her a bit.
    I think you are misinterpreting what I am saying. I am saying this Olympics is the only event the judges would have placed Cohen over Irina with two falls, it has nothing to do with being shocked with Irina's performance, I am not changing one thing about that.

Down With It
    (The comments after my first sentence are my own thought, and had nothing to do with your comment.)

I dunno. I still think it's really odd that Cohen got placed above Slutskaya (especially after the way they've been rewarding Slute with such BIG scores even with mistakes). THAT was the shocker. The judges really set her up on this one, IMO. but in the end, I think the right choice was made.

Maybe a panel with more Eastern countries would have had slute in second place. But what's happened has happened.

Custom Title

Not Shocking At All

It's not shocking at all that Sasha placed above Irina with two falls. They both landed 5 triples for starters, and secondly, Sasha's program was light years ahead of Irina's, choreographically. Sasha's spiral sequence is superior and her spins are equal or better than Irina's in all but speed. When you factor in the PCS, it's easy to see how she placed above her. Also, add in the silliness of giving points for a rotated jump that isn't landed and that's why she placed over Irina. Some people feel Fumie should have placed over Irina.

Down With It
    Looking back, I agree...Cohen was livelier than Slutskaya. But AT THE TIME it was a shock to me. I so didn't expect bronze for Irina! Silver at worst...but not bronze.

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by LBC
    She's been wearing that since Nats. She said Evan Lysecek tied it on her at Nats.
    Click HERE to see the Kabbalah twins enjoying a brewsky [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    [CENTER] Click HERE to see the Kabbalah twins enjoying a brewsky [/CENTER]
    Evan looks like that's not his first.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2
    I have to tell you I was very impressed with the way Sasha handled the questions after she skated. She said that she felt lucky to get any medal and that she didn't think she would even end up on the podium. She has matured into a very poised and likable young woman. I have alot of respect for Sasha for fighting back and for her poise in handling tough questions. She showed grace and dignity and was a credit to her country.
    I agree.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I think you are misinterpreting what I am saying. I am saying this Olympics is the only event the judges would have placed Cohen over Irina with two falls, it
    Sasha only had one fall.

Dee

Down With It
    I count two hands on the ice as a fall. It may not have been COUNTED as a fall per the rules, but to me it's still a fall. She lost her balance and had to put BOTH hands on the ice.

I say she was very lucky to win silver.

Custom Title
    I count two hands on the ice as a fall. It may not have been COUNTED as a fall per the rules, but to me it's still a fall. She lost her balance and had to put BOTH hands on the ice.

I say she was very lucky to win silver.
    I think she had 2 falls also (one hand on the ice for me is as good as a fall) but I still think she deserved the silver, there is more to figure skating than jumps and everything else about her program was far above the Irina and the other girls behind her.

Down With It
    one hand touching the ice is OK. But she had an outright fall- she lost her balance and the only reason she didn't splat (I hate to use that word, but it's the only way to get my point across here) is because she put two hands down on the ice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast