Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turkey's First Olympic Skater Tugba Karademir

Custom Title
    I hope we get to see her more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland
    Tugba ad her family moved to Barrie, Ontario, Canada when Tugba was elementry school age. Tugba currently lives in Barrie with her mother, her Dad moved home to Turkey at the end of last year. She trains at the Mariposa School of Skating, and is taught by Robert Tebby. Robert used to coach Jennifer Robinson beofre she switched to Michelle & Doug Leigh. Tugba originally skated in the Canadian competitive system, making the 2001Junior National Team when she placed 5th in Junior Ladies at the Canadian Championships.

Many people have commented that Tugba is a Jennifer Robinson clone
    Copy and paste?

Ya, the first Summer I trained at Mariposa I was like, Jennifer!? But it was Tugba.

Custom Title

Ita

I thought she was great and I was very impressed with her. I think her parents are quite wonderul to make some very considerable sacrifices to help her stay in skating. They are all to be congratulated.

nthuz
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_Blues_fan
    According to ISU website, Turkey has 4 ladies skaters, all juniors exept Tugba, of course.

Her hometown is listed as ? Canada (sorry forgot). She was born in Ankara. The other 3 ladies all live and train in Turkey.

I wonder if it was Tugba who inspired these ladies.

again, congrats!
    Would the other two Skaters be Beril and Melissa???

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I'd been following Tugba's career since she popped up at Euros a few years ago; I thought a skater from Turkey was quite a novelty. I was glad that she was able to make it to Torino, and I am actually quite impressed with her skating; she definitely needs to work on speed, but she is very graceful and has a very nice style. Good job, Tugba!!

Rinkside
    I was very impressed with Tugba, and I hope she rises to the top of the Ladies field.

Hi, BassChick, thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

Mathman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2