Ladies LP Costumes | Golden Skate

Ladies LP Costumes

Justafan

On the Ice
I have to say I loved Shizuka's dress tonight. I thought the color and style were gorgeous. I also liked Elene's (don't ask me to spell her last name). Sasha's was pretty but I thought the deep color made her look more pale. Miki still had on a weird one (in a nod to the one she wore in the SP...but a better color).

What were your favorites?

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Shizuka gets the best dressed award for the night IMHO. I liked Sasha's gold LP dress that she wore for Nats and earlier in the season more thant he deep red.

rain

Record Breaker
Rochette always has some of the best costumes and tonight was no exception. Loved Cohen's outfit as well and Arakawa's was way more flattering than her short program dress. I also really liked Kostner's outfit.

K-Mo

On the Ice
What I am wondering is what happened to the dress that Emily delivered to Irina? Irina skated in the one she's been wearing. Did the old one have work done on it, or did the new one (if there was one) just not fit?

nubka

Final Flight
I also like Sasha's gold LP dress better. Didn't like Shizuka's dress at all...it looked kind of 'choppy', plus I don't like costumes with half-n-half colors. My favorite was Sylvia Fontana's dress.

Out of all the unitards, I really only liked Irina's (I liked the way the leg was cut on hers.) I thought Irina's LP dress looked great on her!

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
Shiz dress was elegant and understated. I loved it.

Sasha's dress was a burgundy velvet. I thought it was perfect for Juliet, and I think the Juliet from the 1968 film wore a red dress at some point?? I loved it.

Irina's dress fit the flamenco style program. It was pretty but the Spanish type music did not suit Irina at all imo. I speak feelingly having Spanish ancestry on the maternal side of my family.

I can't remember anyone else's dress just now. I'll have to google Yahoo.

One thing I did notice-at least three of the top ladies wore a red version of a skating dress. Kimmie, Sasha, and Irina. I liked Sasha's best.

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
My mom and I both hated Shizuka's dress. I thought it didn't flatter her. I liked Sasha's dress the best, but I too think the gold one was a bit better. I've liked Irina's dress this year, it works for her...but I too was expecting the new one. Fumie always has nice dresses, this one was nice, but I can't even remember it today! I didn't like Joannie's dress all year...I hate the gathers and it looks a bit old fashioned to me. Kimmie's was nice and flattering. Emily's was okay. Hated Elene's black and gold thing. And what happened to Miki? She had lovely dresses this year only to get two awful ones. Carolina's was better than usual.

And that's my fashion opinions from someone is always out of fashion! :laugh:

Mafke

Medalist
purplecat said:
Fumie always has nice dresses, this one was nice, but I can't even remember it today!

I think Suguri is usually well dressed, but I hated this LP dress, the color was nice but the cut was all wrong for Suguri's body type it made her look like a square with arms and legs.

ceg15

On the Ice
Sk8n Mama said:
Hated the unitards. Loved Joannie's best.

I completely agree! Joannie's dresses are always so classy, and I hate the unitards too. I didn't really like Shizuka's...I found it made her look shapeless. I thought Sasha's was pretty...I liked her Nationals one better though. I thought Carolina's was gorgeous.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
nubka said:
IDidn't like Shizuka's dress at all...it looked kind of 'choppy', plus I don't like costumes with half-n-half colors.
I agree. I think the costume was too busy and I kept looking at it and not how pretty Shizuka is. Just my opinion.

Dee

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I don't remember all of the LP outfits but on those I do remember, I like Irina's the best. Much better style than those long raggedy skirts she wears so often! That color red looks great on her, it matches those wonderfuly rosy cheeks! I like the style and colors of Shizuka's, I just don't like the way the colors were arranged. The color of Sasha's was nice, deep red with gold trim, but I hate the way the front panel of the skirt just sags, and the beading on the stomach was waaaaay too much. It looked like she was wearing some sort of protective chestplate or something. I didn't care for the back, it somehow made her upper body look very wide. Fumie's had nice colors but the cut was all wrong. Way too much fabric for her petite build. I really don't like Meissner's LP dress, but her SP dress is gorgeous. Emily's was nice, great color on her, very understated and doesn't distract from the skating. I'm not wild about Elena Sokolova's unitard. Joannie looked lovely, very simple and ladylike. Mira's fit the music but I don't much like it. Miki's dress was a nightmare, the colors clashed badly and the cut did nothing for her figure. I absolutely loved Carolina's dress, too bad her skating did not sparkle as beautifully. Elene's was okay, nothing special IMHO but not dreadful either. Didn't like Sarah Meier's unitard, I much prefer ladies in dresses! Susanna looked beautiful, the dress didn't seem to have anything to do with her "Romeo and Juliet" music, but it was very pretty. I can never remember the name of the Chinese girl... Yan Liu maybe? Nice dress. Silvia's would have been nice if I wasn't worried the whole time about her tata's possibly falling out of it! Who am I forgetting????? Oh, Kira, I don't remember the dress, but I also don't remember cringing so it must not have been too bad. Tugba! Very classy looking.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I loved Sasha's dress, really fitted the music. Didn't care for Arakawa's "jester" type, half- and half dress. Please..........this isn't about a dress, but please someone, Kimberly needs a hair-do make-over. Her hair pulled back into a bun is too severe.......42

76olympics

On the Ice
I am glad I wasn't losing my mind; I knew Sasha had a different costume at Nationals. I liked that one better; it was delicate looking and suited the program more than the scarlet one. I like Irina's ; I was happy she didn't go all unitard (for both programs). I wish Arakawa's costumes had lower necklines; they look constricting to me .

Did anyone think Sara Meier (Swiss) looked half naked (and not in a good way)? I was just looking at that fake flesh monstrosity with horror when I heard Dick say he liked it. Dick must have a naughty streak. She is a lovely girl --but doesn't need to be half naked and covered in flames!

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
show 42 said:
I loved Sasha's dress, really fitted the music. Didn't care for Arakawa's "jester" type, half- and half dress. Please..........this isn't about a dress, but please someone, Kimberly needs a hair-do make-over. Her hair pulled back into a bun is too severe.......42

I think Sasha's dress was based on the late Elizabethan seventeenth century styles. I think she was trying to emulate the era when Romeo & Juliet were based thus the embroidery panel at the front of the dress. I thought was a gorgeous dress and the more I watch her LP program the more I am loving it.

flying camel

Medalist
I loved Sasha's dress, it was very fitting to the story of Romeo & Juliet.
I don't know what Carolina Kostner was wearing. Both her dresses looked like cute little babies dresses with the panties showing.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
My favorite was Carolina's. Kind of reminded me of one that Jill Trenary wore in the late 80s that I really liked. A close second would be Yan Liu's.

Worst, IMO, were Ando (yipe!! as Karen on Will & Grace would say, honey, what's going on here? I say pick a style you like and go for one of them as opposed to the 2 or 3 you've got going on at the moment) and Genevanishvili (way too busy).

Didn't care much for Shizuka's, tho at least it covered her butt. (I'm sorry, I'm never gonna forget that Dortmund faux-pas). I just thought it was a bit MUCH; she was almost going into Surya Bonaly Mardi Gras Float category, tho I did like the color scheme a lot. It just looked HEAVY.