Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: So, are we doing the rusty hangar awards?

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku
    YOW!! I didn't notice at the time because I didn't have the greatest TV reception. Wow. And she's such a beautiful girl, too, that stuff makes her look like the secondary player in a 1971 film titled "Truck Stop Girls" or something. (However, she doesn't look as bad as Fumie does in it)

You know, they have UN commissions to try and ban land mines, dangerous pesticides, chemical weapons, etc, etc; when on earth does the Blue/Violet/Purple/Turquoise Eye Shadow commission convene??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    Loved all of Sasha's costumes. I thought in ice dance, D&L were the nicest.

Dee
    Sasha's Gypsy style dress for the Russian folksy tune "Dark Eyes" was perfect as was her burgundy dress with the gold embroidery for Romeo & Juliet. It evoked an Elizabethan feel which is around about the time R & J were based. Perfect.

I hated Miki Ando's SP dress. I don't know how some as elegant as Carol Heiss-Jenkins could not see how horribly square it made Ando look. Or perhaps she had no input into Miki's dresses?

Quote Originally Posted by ladysarahchatto

I hated Miki Ando's SP dress. I don't know how some as elegant as Carol Heiss-Jenkins could not see how horribly square it made Ando look. Or perhaps she had no input into Miki's dresses?

Miki did have a rather odd choice of costumes for a lady coached by a woman whose motto is supposed to be "Think like a man, but look like a lady." Miki looked like -- well, I don't even know what. Like someone who went to a bizarre clothing store and picked something off the rack a couple hours before the program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    Miki did have a rather odd choice of costumes for a lady coached by a woman whose motto is supposed to be "Think like a man, but look like a lady." Miki looked like -- well, I don't even know what. Like someone who went to a bizarre clothing store and picked something off the rack a couple hours before the program.
    I've been watching the Ladie's SP again (for sure my favorite portion of all the skating events) and I'm trying to figure out if Miki was going for maybe a Samurai Warrior look?? I haven't found any articles explaining her choice of costumes. It sure is strange.

When Ando crashed into the boards on a spiral my sister said 'I think I did that too in an ice rink once-when I was about nine'. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ladysarahchatto
    I've been watching the Ladie's SP again (for sure my favorite portion of all the skating events) and I'm trying to figure out if Miki was going for maybe a Samurai Warrior look?? I haven't found any articles explaining her choice of costumes. It sure is strange.

When Ando crashed into the boards on a spiral my sister said 'I think I did that too in an ice rink once-when I was about nine'. :/
    And the overall quality of her spiral was probably better than the one Miki did, too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop

She looked like a bag lady. It was horrible!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3