So, are we doing the rusty hangar awards? | Golden Skate

So, are we doing the rusty hangar awards?

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Cause after those ladies, I've got a few nominees including all pant outfits or girls who wore black boot covers. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Also, there are several nominees for use of day-glo. And Sarah Meier get the "Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde" award for most dramatic change of costumes from one program to the next, as I thought she had the nicest SP dress and one of the worst LP outfits.

K-Mo

On the Ice
While I wanted to see Michelle skate because I like her skating, I also wanted to see her new costume. I bet it was beautiful. After seeing some of the hideous costumes last night, it really made me miss her...

I would pick my least favorite at this point, but there were so many... :eek:

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Rusty Hanger Awards

I nominate Ando's sp dress and cupcakes lp pantsuit really didn't work for her.

rain

Record Breaker
I liked the pantsuits.
Definitely the worst was Ando's SP dress.
Also Lambiel's LP tiger/ leather horrible mishmash
To many in ice dance to count, almost, but F-P/M looked like a bowl of fruit and the worst was Navka's OD costume (I won't even call it a dress). Ugly Vegas stripper - the blue and brown leopard spots, the blue feathers on her butt, the headband - horrible, just horrible.

nubka

Final Flight
Let's not forget the white stripper/pasties/fringe disaster from the ice dancing bronze medal couple...EEK !!!

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
Sk8n Mama said:
And Sarah Meier get the "Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde" award for most dramatic change of costumes from one program to the next, as I thought she had the nicest SP dress and one of the worst LP outfits.

The costume she wore for the LP in Lyon was nicer.

I can't help myself, I don't like the suits. At all.

I have to agree about Lambiel's LP costume. What's zebra print got to do with the four seasons?

And by the way: Hi everyone :)

nubka

Final Flight
Rikku said:
I have to agree about Lambiel's LP costume. What's zebra print got to do with the four seasons?

Maybe he was a big fan of Kulik's "giraffe" shirt from 98, and wanted to go the same route...

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
You know, when I first saw his costume at the euros, I really had a flashback and thought of Kulik..

Olenska

Rinkside
Oh, the Ice Dancing costumes were HORRENDOUS as usual. They look so... 80s. Heck, 80s costumes themselves were better looking! Someone needs to find that stock of neon fabric and tear it to shreds. And NOT use it. I'm not too crazy about blinding white either.

The men? Blah. Plush's costumes always look secondhand. Buttle's was nice, but I kinda liked his "wallpaper" pants of some seasons back. It was quirky.

The ladies were ok. I think Shizuka is the one who seems to have a costume personnality. Now, I didn't like her two-tone LP one, but at least it's somehow "her". Sasha's costumes are always impeccable, yes, but they look like what Rosalynn Sumners or Debi Thomas or Kristi Y wore. 80-90s stuff. Lots of sequins and brightly colored spandex. Nothing groundbreaking.

I like the Japanese ladies matte fabrics. They're less gaudy.

C. Kostner's LP dress was nice, but it felt deja vu. Reminded me of a Princess Di dress. Irina's was banal at best. Elena Gede...shvili's looked junior. Heck, she IS junior, lol. But I'll put that on the fact that a Georgian skater must not be very rich.

The only event where the costumes are not so bad is the pairs, really. Sober, most of the time. Clean lines, nothing too busy. Weird, uh?

N

nthuz

Gedevanishvilli (have no idea how that is spelled--am I even close?):
LP-Although some skaters might not have the money or the resources, I can find no excuse for the seams of the gold stripes not matching.

Kostner:
SP-SUPER WEDGIE. LP-SUPER-DUPER, 4 minute wedgie.

The fringe pasties from dance have already been mentioned but I have to add: I wonder if she can swing them in opposite directions like the old Burlesque dancers?

Of all the unitards, Cupcake's was by far the most unflattering.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Sasha's bathing suit with the tablecloth cover-up. Miki Ando's SP monstrocity. Elena Grushina's lap-dancer ensemble. So many bad costumes, I hardly know which is the worst.

machiavelli

Rinkside
Actually, I thought Sarah Meier's pantsuit was the best out of the pantsuits :/ Although I still preferred her SP dress.

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
nubka said:
Maybe he was a big fan of Kulik's "giraffe" shirt from 98, and wanted to go the same route...

For me Lambiel's zebra shirt and Kulik's giraffe shirt take the Gold for Ugliest outfits for Olympic medallists on a podium in the History of Sport.

Scott Hamilton used to hold that mantle with his 1984 Speed Skating pantsuit. Blech.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Someone needs to find that stock of neon fabric and tear it to shreds
:rofl: ITA!!!!!!!

The enitre 'stripper collection' that came out in the Original Dance. Most of the OD costumes on the ladies were baaaaaaad!

Alsace

On the Ice
nthuz said:
Gedevanishvilli (have no idea how that is spelled--am I even close?):
LP-Although some skaters might not have the money or the resources, I can find no excuse for the seams of the gold stripes not matching.

I completely agree. When you sew the costume together, you're supposed to _look_ at it and see if you matched the stripes. If you didn't, you're supposed to _redo_ it!

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
At first when I saw Lambiels costume it was just like "What?!" But now I love it..:love:

Am I the only one who thinks it's really boring when the skaters wear the same costume in tha gala as in the exhibition? Buttle and plushenko did so...TT/MM wore practically the same outfit as last year's lp only in red instead of blue.

And I hat to say this, I really love Fumie, but here costume in the gala was just awful. Worse than Andos..

Linny

Final Flight
Fumie

Maybe Fumie's exhibition costume not so hot, but her LP purple dress gets my vote for BEST of the entire Oly.
Linny

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
Linny said:
Maybe Fumie's exhibition costume not so hot, but her LP purple dress gets my vote for BEST of the entire Oly.
Linny

Yeah, and I can't remember a single time (except for the gala) that she hasn't looked fantastic.:agree:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Engwaciriel said:
Yeah, and I can't remember a single time (except for the gala) that she hasn't looked fantastic.:agree:

Except for that blue eye shadow she needs to stay away from. At least it wasn't present in the SP, and she had it toned down a bit in the long. Didn't see the gala.