Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So, are we doing the rusty hangar awards?

Hi, Rikku. Thanks for joining us. Post often, post long!

Mathman

Custom Title
    At first when I saw Lambiels costume it was just like "What?!" But now I love it..

Am I the only one who thinks it's really boring when the skaters wear the same costume in tha gala as in the exhibition? Buttle and plushenko did so...TT/MM wore practically the same outfit as last year's lp only in red instead of blue.

And I hat to say this, I really love Fumie, but here costume in the gala was just awful. Worse than Andos..

Custom Title

Fumie

Maybe Fumie's exhibition costume not so hot, but her LP purple dress gets my vote for BEST of the entire Oly.
    Linny

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny
    Maybe Fumie's exhibition costume not so hot, but her LP purple dress gets my vote for BEST of the entire Oly.
    Linny
    Yeah, and I can't remember a single time (except for the gala) that she hasn't looked fantastic.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by Engwaciriel
    Yeah, and I can't remember a single time (except for the gala) that she hasn't looked fantastic.
    Except for that blue eye shadow she needs to stay away from. At least it wasn't present in the SP, and she had it toned down a bit in the long. Didn't see the gala.

Can someone post a link to Fumie's exhibition dress? I didn't see it.

Custom Title
    Didn'y find any pic on her. But she was wearing black pants, not like the bootcut one she wore in her SP last season, just like tights. And she had a purple top with the long arms in a shine through fabric, and the rest of the top was, well I don't knwo the word for this in english, but it was sparkling, almost like Sashas exhibition dress, only light purple and not blue. She looked very squared.

By the way, she was throwing something to the audience, anyone who knows what it was?

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Loved all of Sasha's costumes. I thought in ice dance, D&L were the nicest.

Dee

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    I also liked Sara Mier's LP costume. Loved it in fact. Also loved Shiz's LP dress. The guy from one of the Bravo shows (not Queer Eye, something else) said it was a Yin Yang thing takeoff on a kimono. I hadn't thoiught of that, but it makes sense.

Worst of the worst were Gurshina's FD dress, Navaka's FD dress and Chait's OD "I have Camielle wrapped around my butt" dress. Blech!

Not the droid you're looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by childfreegirl
    Worst of the worst were Gurshina's FD dress, Navaka's FD dress and Chait's OD "I have Camielle wrapped around my butt" dress. Blech!
    Add both of poor Miki Ando's costumes to that list, and it's my list as well.
    Gurshina should have been marked down, and perhaps cited for indecent exposure, considering how sheer that white panty was. Per my Spawn's beau, absolutely nothing was left to the imagination. I had to avert my eyes...
    And while I'm harping on this subject, may I once again state my position that a return to the full-coverage (and opaque!) panty becomes more necessary with each passing competition? Gurshina was the perfect example of how wondering whether a skater received only a bikini wax or went for the full Brazilian can detract from the flow of a program.
    Ladies, preserve a little mystery! We don't need no stinkin' wedgies!
    xoxo
    Rave
    (Oh, who am I kidding? I'm RANT today!)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn Rant
    Gurshina was the perfect example of how wondering whether a skater received only a bikini wax or went for the full Brazilian can detract from the flow of a program.
    Ladies, preserve a little mystery! We don't need no stinkin' wedgies!
    xoxo
    Rave
    (Oh, who am I kidding? I'm RANT today!)

Well said!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    ..... blue eye shadow she needs to stay away from......
    We need to give a 'Dishonorable Mention for Make-Up" award & it goes, hands-down, to Domnina, with a different wildly-colored eyeshadow for each of her three programs. Does someone have a photo of her aquamarine-blue shadow for the Ravensburget Waltz??? Yuck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller
    We need to give a 'Dishonorable Mention for Make-Up" award & it goes, hands-down, to Domnina, with a different wildly-colored eyeshadow for each of her three programs. Does someone have a photo of her aquamarine-blue shadow for the Ravensburget Waltz??? Yuck!!!!
    There you go:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/tor...ay_&prov=getty

Custom Title

THANKS, Rikku!!! Imagine -- it's even scarrier close-up!

In the movie "My girl" Jamie Lee Curtis says "you can never wear enough blue eye shadow" ... maybe Oksana Domnina has seen it too often and no one bothered to tell her that the film is set in the 1970s...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast