So, are we doing the rusty hangar awards? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

So, are we doing the rusty hangar awards?

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
Didn'y find any pic on her. But she was wearing black pants, not like the bootcut one she wore in her SP last season, just like tights. And she had a purple top with the long arms in a shine through fabric, and the rest of the top was, well I don't knwo the word for this in english, but it was sparkling, almost like Sashas exhibition dress, only light purple and not blue. She looked very squared.

By the way, she was throwing something to the audience, anyone who knows what it was?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Loved all of Sasha's costumes. I thought in ice dance, D&L were the nicest.

Dee

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I also liked Sara Mier's LP costume. Loved it in fact. Also loved Shiz's LP dress. The guy from one of the Bravo shows (not Queer Eye, something else) said it was a Yin Yang thing takeoff on a kimono. I hadn't thoiught of that, but it makes sense.

Worst of the worst were Gurshina's FD dress, Navaka's FD dress and Chait's OD "I have Camielle wrapped around my butt" dress. Blech!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
childfreegirl said:
Worst of the worst were Gurshina's FD dress, Navaka's FD dress and Chait's OD "I have Camielle wrapped around my butt" dress. Blech!

Add both of poor Miki Ando's costumes to that list, and it's my list as well.
Gurshina should have been marked down, and perhaps cited for indecent exposure, considering how sheer that white panty was. Per my Spawn's beau, absolutely nothing was left to the imagination. I had to avert my eyes...
And while I'm harping on this subject, may I once again state my position that a return to the full-coverage (and opaque!) panty becomes more necessary with each passing competition? Gurshina was the perfect example of how wondering whether a skater received only a bikini wax or went for the full Brazilian can detract from the flow of a program.
Ladies, preserve a little mystery! We don't need no stinkin' wedgies!
xoxo
Rave
(Oh, who am I kidding? I'm RANT today!) :laugh:

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Ravyn Rant said:
Gurshina was the perfect example of how wondering whether a skater received only a bikini wax or went for the full Brazilian can detract from the flow of a program.
Ladies, preserve a little mystery! We don't need no stinkin' wedgies!
xoxo
Rave
(Oh, who am I kidding? I'm RANT today!) :laugh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Well said! :laugh:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
JonnyCoop said:
..... blue eye shadow she needs to stay away from......

We need to give a 'Dishonorable Mention for Make-Up" award & it goes, hands-down, to Domnina, with a different wildly-colored eyeshadow for each of her three programs. Does someone have a photo of her aquamarine-blue shadow for the Ravensburget Waltz??? Yuck!!!!

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
In the movie "My girl" Jamie Lee Curtis says "you can never wear enough blue eye shadow" ... maybe Oksana Domnina has seen it too often and no one bothered to tell her that the film is set in the 1970s...:laugh: :laugh:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Rikku said:

YOW!! I didn't notice at the time because I didn't have the greatest TV reception. Wow. And she's such a beautiful girl, too, that stuff makes her look like the secondary player in a 1971 film titled "Truck Stop Girls" or something. (However, she doesn't look as bad as Fumie does in it)

You know, they have UN commissions to try and ban land mines, dangerous pesticides, chemical weapons, etc, etc; when on earth does the Blue/Violet/Purple/Turquoise Eye Shadow commission convene?? :laugh:

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
Loved all of Sasha's costumes. I thought in ice dance, D&L were the nicest.

Dee

Sasha's Gypsy style dress for the Russian folksy tune "Dark Eyes" was perfect as was her burgundy dress with the gold embroidery for Romeo & Juliet. It evoked an Elizabethan feel which is around about the time R & J were based. Perfect.

I hated Miki Ando's SP dress. I don't know how some as elegant as Carol Heiss-Jenkins could not see how horribly square it made Ando look. Or perhaps she had no input into Miki's dresses?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
ladysarahchatto said:
I hated Miki Ando's SP dress. I don't know how some as elegant as Carol Heiss-Jenkins could not see how horribly square it made Ando look. Or perhaps she had no input into Miki's dresses?

Miki did have a rather odd choice of costumes for a lady coached by a woman whose motto is supposed to be "Think like a man, but look like a lady." Miki looked like -- well, I don't even know what. Like someone who went to a bizarre clothing store and picked something off the rack a couple hours before the program.

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
Miki did have a rather odd choice of costumes for a lady coached by a woman whose motto is supposed to be "Think like a man, but look like a lady." Miki looked like -- well, I don't even know what. Like someone who went to a bizarre clothing store and picked something off the rack a couple hours before the program.

I've been watching the Ladie's SP again (for sure my favorite portion of all the skating events) and I'm trying to figure out if Miki was going for maybe a Samurai Warrior look?? I haven't found any articles explaining her choice of costumes. It sure is strange.

When Ando crashed into the boards on a spiral my sister said 'I think I did that too in an ice rink once-when I was about nine'. :/

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
ladysarahchatto said:
I've been watching the Ladie's SP again (for sure my favorite portion of all the skating events) and I'm trying to figure out if Miki was going for maybe a Samurai Warrior look?? I haven't found any articles explaining her choice of costumes. It sure is strange.

When Ando crashed into the boards on a spiral my sister said 'I think I did that too in an ice rink once-when I was about nine'. :/

And the overall quality of her spiral was probably better than the one Miki did, too.

Saundy

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:

She looked like a bag lady. It was horrible! :no: