Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So will Sasha now be ignored by the media?

So will Sasha now be ignored by the media?

I noticed there were no CNN Headlines about skating. She got a Silver, which is so wonderful! I hope talk shows don't stop inviting her because she didn't win Gold.

Aslo, I would like to see Shizuka on some talk shows, but am not sure how well her English is.

It's on the Yahoo mainpage.

I hope not. She's a lovely skater and was very gracious and appreciative after her skate.........42

average opinionated skate fan
    Yeah, she deserves to give the same answer Michelle did in Nagano....
    "I didn't lose the gold, I won the silver"

No doubt for us fans we'll hear "why can't you pull it together for back to back programs?" questions from the media from here on...

Custom Title
    In an interview with eurosport she spoke japanese, so I don't think her english is very good..

Down With It
    I dunno about this one. I think reactions will be mixed. Some will appreciate her coming back strong after a setback (and winning silver), and others will come down on her for once again not being able to pull through in the clutch.

Custom Title
    Maybe if Sasha pulls herself together for a world title it will change the perception of Olympic silver. I personally think that Sasha is a tough little cookie to fight for her program after those two mistakes. Maybe she'll catch a break at worlds.

Down With It
    That too.

Banned
    At Worlds it will be even harder for her since she wont get the benefit judging that NBC allowed for her in Turino. I will be surprised if she holds her nerves together to win Worlds where she would have had to skate even better than she would have to win the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    At Worlds it will be even harder for her since she wont get the benefit judging that NBC allowed for her in Turino. I will be surprised if she holds her nerves together to win Worlds where she would have had to skate even better than she would have to win the Olympics.
    Huh? What did NBC have to do with the judging? Sasha skated great and sold her program despite the two jumps. Everything was wonderful and she was rightfully rewarded.

I wouldn't be surprised if she held her nerves together at Worlds. It's not as high profile as the Olympics and she already experienced the "lifetime disappointment" at the Olympics. She'll get over it and have a new beginning at Worlds.

Down With It
    yeah, but she seems to have had some problems. I actually wonder how much of it we can attribute to Olympic nerves, and how much of it can be attributed to an injury we don't know about.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)

Im sorry, but that is full of cr*p. I mean no disrespect to you, but honestly what does NBC have to do with the judging? NOTHING. They arent the only media outlet covering the olympics... and I dont think the judges give a darn about what NBC has to say.

I'm not saying she could pull it out at worlds, or that she will even attend (I hope she does, and I hope she does). But I dont think that there is ANY tougher competition than the olympic games.

Down With It
    yeah. Maybe if it was nationals, it would be a legit concern, but it's the OLYMPICS...the WORLD is watching. NBC is only one little network out of maybe hundreds of other TV stations broadcasting the event.

this conspiracy theory of yours is getting really old

Custom Title
    Sasha won't be ignored while she's an eligible skater. She loves the spotlight, and that means taking the good with the bad when it comes to the love-hate sensibilities of the media.

As for Worlds, this is Sasha's best chance to win the title. Irina and Arakawa are not going to Worlds. Mao Asado is still too young. I fear that for Sasha it's "now or never" given the talent coming up behind her.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast