So will Sasha now be ignored by the media? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

So will Sasha now be ignored by the media?

FreeKatie

On the Ice
Johar said:
I noticed there were no CNN Headlines about skating. She got a Silver, which is so wonderful! I hope talk shows don't stop inviting her because she didn't win Gold.

Aslo, I would like to see Shizuka on some talk shows, but am not sure how well her English is.

I don't think she'll be ignored, her program was beautiful despite the falls.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
IMO, I think that if any skater replaces Kwan as America's Official Ice Princess it will be Tanith not Sasha...

Tanith has certainly got the looks factor over Cohen but remember, the ladies discipline is still the most popular, so I think the "ice princess" will always be a ladies skater.

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
I don't know about the media but Sasha's going to be on Leno tonight, and on Regis Thursday.

As to looks my younger brother likes Tanith but my nephews all think Sasha is 'hot'. It may be because she looks so much younger than Belbin lol.

I think they are both very beautiful young ladies.

R.D.

Record Breaker
she's definitely getting the interviews. SO the answer to this question then is NO

I'm guessing maybe she saw what happened to Kwan after Nagano, and is trying to model her. It wouldn't surprise me if she's doing this for the attention. Not to take anything away from her is she is REALLY like this, but I think most of it is just for show. I never like it when people aren't themselves. Even if one says something a little objectionable, I tend to admire them just for saying it.

Kwanford Wife said:
IMO, I think that if any skater replaces Kwan as America's Official Ice Princess it will be Tanith not Sasha...
Who's the Jr American in a their Worlds? Did she win? Maybe she will inherit the unofficial "Princess" title.

Joe

I just checked out the US players at the juniors:

Czisny...... Hyatt....... Surkowski.....Rosenthal. Someone wil emerge the new Princess.

However, the Queen will be between Mao and Yu Na.

Check out the entires, the Juniors will be quite a competition. The US boys look better than the girls.

Joe

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Of the upcoming U.S. ladies I like Czisny the best right now. Her presentation skills are excellent and she has the spins and spirals to do great under CoP. Unfortunately her jumps are wretched. I hope she will work on this.

If I had to put money on someone though, it would be Meissner. Her presentation skills aren't so great right now, but technically she is rock solid. I think the artistry is something she can grown into. And I sense she has that "killer instinct" which is so important. Barring injury or the puberty witches casting an evil spell, I think she will be a top-rate competitor.