Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Was Sasha on the Today Show this morning?

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    680

    Was Sasha on the Today Show this morning?

    Last night during the telecast there were ads saying that Sasha would be on the Today Show this morning. However, I was in and out of sleep during the first half hour and don't recall if she was on - I just remember some news story. I did see that Irina was on as well as Kimmie and Emily. Did anyone watch this morning?

    Herm (sk8ngnutt)

  2. #2
    The Ice is Slippery SK8LUVR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    213
    I was wondering the same thing. I did see Kimmie and Emily but no Sasha. I really would have liked to see what she had to say after a night of going over things in her mind.

  3. #3
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    They interviewed Irina and she posed for some photos with her medal afterward. They also had Kimmie and Emily and their mothers on (KM and EM also posed for photos).

    I think maybe Sasha was supposed to be on but something happened and to "fill in" they asked Irina to do the interview instead.

  4. #4
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,671
    Someone at work said they saw Sasha. I was watching from 7:30 am Central time and she must have been on before that.

    Dee

  5. #5
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    They showed a BRIEF interview of her after her FS. But she wasn't actually on the show (from what I saw, anyway).

  6. #6
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,671
    The person at work said it was on this morning with Katie C. So for us here in the central time zone, it could have been on before 7:00 am.

    Dee

  7. #7
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    yes, it was. During the Today show broadcast, they showed a brief interview with her. But she wasn't on the set like Irina, Emily and Kimmie were.

  8. #8
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,661
    she did to a sit down interview around 7:15am this morning.... I have it on tape so I have proof!

    she looked tired, and her hair wasn't as "perfect" as Sasha normally wears it, but she looked and sounded good...

  9. #9
    Genealogy Crazed
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    67
    Tonichelle is right, Sasha was interviewed this morning. I thought she handled the interview very well after what must have been an exhausting night.

  10. #10
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    wow. gotta check the PVR recording again. I could have sworn she wasn't there!

  11. #11
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    PVR missed the first 10 minutes of the program. She must have been on during that time. Grr.

  12. #12
    Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    722
    Yep, it was early. Dh woke me up telling me Sasha was on. I was surprised he knew her name.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt
    Last night during the telecast there were ads saying that Sasha would be on the Today Show this morning. However, I was in and out of sleep during the first half hour and don't recall if she was on - I just remember some news story. I did see that Irina was on as well as Kimmie and Emily. Did anyone watch this morning?

    Herm (sk8ngnutt)
    Sasha has been all over today.

    She was just on again on Access Hollywood I think.

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    she did to a sit down interview around 7:15am this morning.... I have it on tape so I have proof!

    she looked tired, and her hair wasn't as "perfect" as Sasha normally wears it, but she looked and sounded good...
    Hey I thought her hair was perfect!
    She looked her usual pretty self. I thought the interview was nice. Katie didn't focus on Sasha's mistake, but instead praised her for her courage and strong comeback, and she even stated how it annoyed her that they kept replaying Sasha's fall on the big screen at Pavela after she skated. I was really surprised by that comment.

    Anyway, it was a nice interview. Kimmie and Emily's interview was nice too. The more I see Emily on and off the ice I'm becoming more of a fan. Irina's interview was good too. It was great to see her look happy today. She was much more composed than she was last night, which was a relief to see.

  15. #15
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Enero
    Hey I thought her hair was perfect!
    She looked her usual pretty self. I thought the interview was nice. Katie didn't focus on Sasha's mistake, but instead praised her for her courage and strong comeback, and she even stated how it annoyed her that they kept replaying Sasha's fall on the big screen at Pavela after she skated. I was really surprised by that comment.

    Anyway, it was a nice interview. Kimmie and Emily's interview was nice too. The more I see Emily on and off the ice I'm becoming more of a fan. Irina's interview was good too. It was great to see her look happy today. She was much more composed than she was last night, which was a relief to see.
    no her part looked more like she just kinda threw it around... not as precise (ie every single thread of a hair put in exact place) as I'm used to seeing... I'm not knocking it at all though because I just throw my hair into a messy half bun half ponytail and go! LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •