Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who Do You Think Will Show Up in Calgary?

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Are you happy that Sasha will give it a third try? You were saying there is pressure that it could be 3 strikes and your out.

Joe
    am I HAPPY? well, that's hard to say. Frankly, I'm not even interested in the new up-and-comers, so I might not even keep up with skating any more after Worlds.

I basically don't really care one way or the other. But I'm convinced she will NOT get Oly Gold. Once again, it's her decision if she wants to continue, but she needs to enjoy the journey, because once you arrive at the destination (Vancouver 2010) it's do or die time. And yes, three strikes and you're out. Irina struck out this Olys. MK struck out by withdrawing. Technically one can say Cohen has a third chance, but IMO it's a slim one. Doesn't sound like she's too enthusiastic about the idea of staying...I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe she's just saying it. Maybe if she wins the world title she'll retire afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Well, Sasha doesn't have to decide anything right now. Go to worlds, skate in the spring cheesefest (is there a spring cheesefest this year?), then see how you feel about next season.

It was interesting to me that all the Olympic interviews, with Bob Costas, Katie Couric, etc., were all about what the athletes (not just figure skaters) were planning to do in 2010. There is lots more to winter sports than the Olympics. Four seasons of compettion, grand prix, national championships, world championships.

Plenty of action between now and 2010, despite NBC's once-every-four-years view of winter sports.

MM
    Actually Bob Costas made sure to remind people that sasha would have a heck of a time as it was FOUR MORE YEARS of training FOUR MORE YEARS of competing and he went on and on... sounded like the Bush Administration's 04 Campaign speeches...

If Sasha runs for President Costas could run the campaign

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    If Sasha runs for President Costas could run the campaign
    Dear God...don't need the mental image

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3