Who Do You Think Will Show Up in Calgary? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who Do You Think Will Show Up in Calgary?

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Mao can't go to Worlds because she is not old enough (same eligibility rule as for the Olympics).
I didn't realize she can't go to Sr. Worlds. I had thought she could being Jr. World champ. That's too bad for the fans in Calgary.

M

mylastduchess

Arakawa is scheduled to go at worlds (unless she get's harassed by the media and has no time for practice)... Sasha said in an interview that Vancouver is part of her plans! Kwan can't go to Worlds no matter what! Belbin and Agosto will sure be there, and I'm hoping that D/L will be too... if not theres always V/M!

R.D.

Record Breaker
where did you read that Arakawa was scheduled?

When did SC say that Vancouver was part of her plans? IIRC she just said she's not ruling it out, that she would take it one day at a time. But personally I don't think her body can last that long. She seems to be in pain now.

M

mylastduchess

Red Dog said:
where did you read that Arakawa was scheduled?

When did SC say that Vancouver was part of her plans? IIRC she just said she's not ruling it out, that she would take it one day at a time. But personally I don't think her body can last that long. She seems to be in pain now.

Last night, sasha was on the NBC studio, she was asked if she could put another 4 years of hardwork for a 4 minute skate... and she was asked directly if Vancouver was in her plans... and she nodded!

R.D.

Record Breaker
well, I just read an NBC Olympics article and she said she wanted to go for 2010 if her body could handle it.

It's her decision, but I really do think that the OGM just isn't meant for her. Just like Irina and MK. I don't think it's worth another four years.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Red Dog said:
well, I just read an NBC Olympics article and she said she wanted to go for 2010 if her body could handle it.

It's her decision, but I really do think that the OGM just isn't meant for her. Just like Irina and MK. I don't think it's worth another four years.

I think Irina should go to Worlds then retire. Michelle should probably skate one more year, so she can go out on a different note, and also so making her programs this year werent a waste, she should do those programs next season.
Then after the 2007 Worlds she should leave. Cohen should stay until 2010, she is young enough, she is a judges pet, she has had enough success to take pressure off and feel good about herself, and she still has some unfulfilled potential.

Slutskaya-2006 Worlds
Kwan-2007 Worlds
Cohen-2010 Worlds

That is when the 3 women should all turn pro/leave skating altogether if they are smart.

Well, Sasha doesn't have to decide anything right now. Go to worlds, skate in the spring cheesefest (is there a spring cheesefest this year?), then see how you feel about next season.

It was interesting to me that all the Olympic interviews, with Bob Costas, Katie Couric, etc., were all about what the athletes (not just figure skaters) were planning to do in 2010. There is lots more to winter sports than the Olympics. Four seasons of compettion, grand prix, national championships, world championships.

Plenty of action between now and 2010, despite NBC's once-every-four-years view of winter sports.

MM

R.D.

Record Breaker
that's also true. But Sasha SAID she wanted to go to 2010. However, I wouldn't be surprised if she changes her mind as time passes.

roller girl

Rinkside
anything_for_skating said:
So sorry that Ira didn't take gold! There will NEVER be another Irina! There will be more Kwan, Cohen, Joubert, and else, but there will never be another Carolina, another Irina and another Plushenko!
Who will show up? Honestly, I think that Arakawa will not compete anymore. Hmm...I am not sure about Cohen. Carolina has chance!!! Forza Carolina!!!!!
Others? Anything is possible!

I think that will be another Irina, not similar, but someone will appear throught the years. But not another Michelle, never, she is unique, and I'm not her fan! Surelly will be another Sasha, Joubert and Carolina (miei migliori auguri per i migliori italiana di tutti tempi, forza Caro!:bow: ). There won't be another Plushy, for sure, and will never be another atlete that win at olympics with such a difference with silver and the rest...:rock: I hope Arakawa doen't show up at words, she is not allowed to lose after her archieve.
Best luck for Joannie and Carola!!!!:thumbsup:

Are you happy that Sasha will give it a third try? You were saying there is pressure that it could be 3 strikes and your out.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Are you happy that Sasha will give it a third try? You were saying there is pressure that it could be 3 strikes and your out.

Joe

am I HAPPY? well, that's hard to say. Frankly, I'm not even interested in the new up-and-comers, so I might not even keep up with skating any more after Worlds.

I basically don't really care one way or the other. But I'm convinced she will NOT get Oly Gold. Once again, it's her decision if she wants to continue, but she needs to enjoy the journey, because once you arrive at the destination (Vancouver 2010) it's do or die time. And yes, three strikes and you're out. Irina struck out this Olys. MK struck out by withdrawing. Technically one can say Cohen has a third chance, but IMO it's a slim one. Doesn't sound like she's too enthusiastic about the idea of staying...I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe she's just saying it. Maybe if she wins the world title she'll retire afterward.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Well, Sasha doesn't have to decide anything right now. Go to worlds, skate in the spring cheesefest (is there a spring cheesefest this year?), then see how you feel about next season.

It was interesting to me that all the Olympic interviews, with Bob Costas, Katie Couric, etc., were all about what the athletes (not just figure skaters) were planning to do in 2010. There is lots more to winter sports than the Olympics. Four seasons of compettion, grand prix, national championships, world championships.

Plenty of action between now and 2010, despite NBC's once-every-four-years view of winter sports.

MM

Actually Bob Costas made sure to remind people that sasha would have a heck of a time as it was FOUR MORE YEARS of training FOUR MORE YEARS of competing and he went on and on... sounded like the Bush Administration's 04 Campaign speeches...

If Sasha runs for President Costas could run the campaign :laugh: