I am Proud Of Joannie Rochette and Mira Leung | Page 2 | Golden Skate

I am Proud Of Joannie Rochette and Mira Leung

ceg15

On the Ice
I am very proud of Joannie and Mira. I thought that they both did amazing and skated their best. There's definitely lots more to come from these two talented skaters.

And that comment that Canada should be asahamed of Mira? You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that thank you very much.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
I was lucky enough to catch the gala tonight on CBC and saw Joannie skate. She rocked! :rock: It is quite an honour to be invited, and I for one am very proud of her. You go girl!

rain

Record Breaker
passion said:
Back to the topic, I didn't see the long program. I was very surprised and happy to hear that Joannie came in 5th place. I think she got the attention of the judges. I'm not sure that Mira did even though she skated more or less clean. However, good for her for her strong efforts and determination.

I agree that I think Rochette finally got the attention of the judges. I would not be surprised to a see an increase in her PCS scores soon, as now she must truly be seen as a contender. She was awesome.

FreeKatie

On the Ice
Joannie Rochette was very good. I wonder if Sasha, Shizuka, Fumie and Irina skip worlds... hmmmmmm...

cosmictears10

On the Ice
FreeKatie said:
Joannie Rochette was very good. I wonder if Sasha, Shizuka, Fumie and Irina skip worlds... hmmmmmm...

Hmm Good point! I think it would be awesome to see a Canadian Lady top the Podium at World's in Canada! I think Joannie has a real shot, and her skating is so powerful yet beautiful. She really has the great combination of both of them down. I met her in St. John's when she was here for the mastercard skate cdn international, and she was so nice, it was great to meet her! she is such a doll, I hope I get to talk with her again in the future!

millie

Medalist
boggartlaura said:
Joannie is worth being proud of.

Mira is worth being ashamed of. I would be if the US had sent out soemone so bad.

We are proud of Joannie and Mira for how well they did at the Olympics. Why should we be ashamed of Mira? How was she so bad? Mira is only 16years old, just imagined what she is going to in the 2010 Olympics. If you are talking about Mira's hair and dress, she looked just as good as Kimmie and Emily. Seems like none of the 16 year old paid much attention to their hair and makeup. Is that what you were talking about because her skating was great.

FreeKatie

On the Ice
cosmictears10 said:
Hmm Good point! I think it would be awesome to see a Canadian Lady top the Podium at World's in Canada! I think Joannie has a real shot, and her skating is so powerful yet beautiful. She really has the great combination of both of them down. I met her in St. John's when she was here for the mastercard skate cdn international, and she was so nice, it was great to meet her! she is such a doll, I hope I get to talk with her again in the future!

I think she has an excellent chance to be on the podium and who knows, maybe even a gold if she has 2 clean skates and shizuka and sasha are not there. I think I read that Irina is retiring? I doubt Shizuka would want to continue training, the olympic gold is a great way to end her career -- Sasha may like a chance to redeem herself... but I can see Sasha, Joannie and maybe a Kimmie or Fumie on the podium.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
If Joannie skated so well in Italy, I think skating in Canada, with the momentum of Torino behind her, she is easily going to be on the podium.