Run, Johnny Weir, before PETA gets to you | Golden Skate

Run, Johnny Weir, before PETA gets to you

Johar

Medalist
I was reading an article on him in what I think was People magazine, where he said he loves fur, especially the real kind.

It's only a matter of time before the PETA people get wind of this and start their harrassment.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
If they do, he can ask how many pets they've taken 'for adoption' have they euthanized five minutes after pickup and thrown in municipal dumpsters lately.

Don't wear fur if you don't want to, but leave those of us who like it alone, especially when you're PETA. Good for Johnny!

blackrose050

Rinkside
I don't think Johnny's famous enough to get the PETA after him, is he? :laugh:

I've never worn fur, but I don't think it's such a horrible thing...so many people wear leather!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I love furs. Though I've switched to sheerlings since that's not so "in-your-face".

millie

Medalist
Hands off Camille!! PETA knows better than to confront Camille! I think that they will have a nasty battle on their hands, they will not know what hit them.:laugh: :laugh: Go Johnny, Go Camille.:chorus: :chorus:

The next thing you know is they will on the skaters for wearing leather boots.

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
I think wearing fur is a ridiculous, inhumane extravagance. Go get him PETA!

I can just see princess covered in red paint! then he has a miraculous conversion and poses nude for a peta ad. La publicite!

sk8addict

On the Ice
now

blackrose050 said:
I don't think Johnny's famous enough to get the PETA after him, is he? :laugh:

I've never worn fur, but I don't think it's such a horrible thing...so many people wear leather!
They will think he's big enough now. I am sending them his email & rink address. Jesus wasn't born in a manger so he could kill, eat or wear the animals. That ****** just lost this ****** as a fan. Hello...Evan.

Last edited:

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
sk8addict said:
They will think he's big enough now. I am sending them his email & rink address. Jesus wasn't born in a manger so he could kill, eat or wear the animals. Tht ****** just lost this ****** as a fan. Hello...Evan.
That's my sk8addict. you just gotta love him!:laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
millie said:
Hands off Camille!! PETA knows better than to confront Camille! I think that they will have a nasty battle on their hands, they will not know what hit them.:laugh: :laugh: Go Johnny, Go Camille.:chorus: :chorus:

The next thing you know is they will on the skaters for wearing leather boots.
Millie :rofl: :rofl:

I hope PETA doesn't have any rulings on feathers. Can you imagine a Naked Camille???? :rofl: :rofl:

Dee

sk8fanconvert said:
That's my sk8addict. you just gotta love him!:laugh:
:agree: I just wish he'd tell us what he really thinks sometimes. :)

MM :)

PS. I am sorry I ticked you guys off on that other thing a couple of weeks ago.

tristan1

Spectator
Sk8addict...just a question what do you eat? what do you wear as clothing or coats? what do you wear as shoes? does your car have leather interior? Im just curious..isn't it mighty big of you to send PETA those addresses!!

The wonderful thing about being an American and living in America, is that you can make choices. If you chose to wear fur that is choice, if you chose to wear rags and a red flannel coat that is also a choice. So what right do you have to decide that it is a wrong choice for Johnny to like and wear fur?? Just curious

And for another poster, the reason Mary had Jesus in a manger was because there was no room at the inn. And as far as not driving a car..you must live in a city with public transit because how else do you get to work or for that matter get to your favorite vegetarian restaurants..your going to single out one skater for driving a car...gee none of the rest of them drive amazing!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tristan1

Spectator
My apologies for the last post,,the second part was not aimed at this topic on this board,,,I was on the wrong board for the second part of my reply,,same topic different area

SusanBeth

Final Flight
tristan1 said:
Sk8addict...just a question what do you eat? what do you wear as clothing or coats? what do you wear as shoes? does your car have leather interior? Im just curious..isn't it mighty big of you to send PETA those addresses!!

The wonderful thing about being an American and living in America, is that you can make choices. If you chose to wear fur that is choice, if you chose to wear rags and a red flannel coat that is also a choice. So what right do you have to decide that it is a wrong choice for Johnny to like and wear fur?? Just curious

And for another poster, the reason Mary had Jesus in a manger was because there was no room at the inn. And as far as not driving a car..you must live in a city with public transit because how else do you get to work or for that matter get to your favorite vegetarian restaurants..your going to single out one skater for driving a car...gee none of the rest of them drive amazing!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: I am fairly certain Jesus wore leather. He certainly wore sandals and he didn't seem to have a problem with people eating fish. He didn't seem to have a problem with fishermen either.

Last edited:

millie

Medalist
sk8fanconvert said:
I think wearing fur is a ridiculous, inhumane extravagance. Go get him PETA!

I can just see princess covered in red paint! then he has a miraculous conversion and poses nude for a peta ad. La publicite!

sk8fanconvert, you think that wearing fur is ridiculous, inhumane extravagance. Tell that to the people that live in climates when the weather reaches temperatures of minus 50 C. and snows for months on end. They have to wear fur inorder to survive and keep from freezing to death. Is that eztravagnce? Will you give PETA their addresses? Would Jesus want them or their babies freeze? I can see PETA now wearing silk and satin chasing those people on pans of ice trying to get their fur clothing.:biggrin:. Be realistic.:)

Millie, I don't think that Johnny Weir wears fur in order to survive and keep from freezing to death. I think he wears it because he believes it looks good on him.

Many people think it looked good on the animal, too.