Old Fan On IMDB Proposes New System | Golden Skate

Old Fan On IMDB Proposes New System

anya_angie

Final Flight
Guys don't ask me why I'm doing this, really, but those who post on IMDB may be interested in reading this supposed system.

To me, this person simply sounds jealous of the Olympic Ladies Champions' successes in recent years.

The system proposes merely giving all medals a point value, adding them up over the season for each skater, and then at the Olympics whoever had the best season overall wins. This sounds like rubbish to me, but what does everyone else think?

Beware, for those who hate caps, there are a lot of them. To see the poster's outline of how this system would work in her mind, scroll to the 7th post.

To me if such a system were in play, skating would lose all credibility in the general public's eye, because with performances like Thursday's, if Sasha/Irina had won over Shizuka no one would have understood why.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1437062/board/flat/36434645

I couldn't read the post without registering, but are you sure the proposal isn't being made tongue-in-cheek? Like the person is saying, "Oh the Olympic judging is so phony anyway, they might as well just add up the medals from the previous season and be done with it."

MM

anya_angie

Final Flight
Considering I've been arguing with the poster on other threads about this proposed system I think the poster is serious.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Check out the ISU world rankings system. That is about what it is. The ISU could give medals at the end of the season, similar to NASCAR's winston cup using them.

DORISPULASKI said:
Check out the ISU world rankings system. That is about what it is. The ISU could give medals at the end of the season, similar to NASCAR's winston cup using them.
that would be cool, and I wouldn't be surprised if the ISU were to do it. They really want to make the grand prix into a premier series, and seem to be looking for ways to make it seem more important. Now that a new generation of skaters will be taking center ice shortly, maybe there will not be so many skaters choosing not to participate.

About the IMDB skating fan's proposal, the only thing ridiculous about it is to tie it to the Olympics. The Olympic medalist should be the person who skates best at that competition -- otherwise they could jump directly from the opening ceremonies to the exhibitions.

MM :)

mzheng

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
About the IMDB skating fan's proposal, the only thing ridiculous about it is to tie it to the Olympics. The Olympic medalist should be the person who skates best at that competition -- otherwise they could jump directly from the opening ceremonies to the exhibitions.

MM :)
That would be obsurd. :rofl:

And to think in doing so, they lost all the ticket money.

btw,
Heard that you could not resell Lady's final for half price....it used to be the price going up when the competetion coming near.