Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sasha & Weiss join SOI this fall!

Quote Originally Posted by flying camel
    Shizuka has got to work on her performance quality. She does not project to the audience. She does not look like she is enjoying herself. It not all about the jumps as a PRO.
    SOI helped Tara go from Jumping Bean to growing artist... and Sasha's already got the art... I'm sure she can project well given the right atmosphere...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25
    Sasha has a contract with COI. Could she possibly skate with COI for the summer and then SOI for the winter? Is that possible?
    skaters have done both in the past, yes, but it is extremely rare and difficult because there's absolutely no down time between the two

Custom Title
    It would depend, I think, on the terms of her contract with COI. IIRC, Todd went to SOI directly after SLC. Sarah, OTOH, was off of COI for a year before signing with SOI, although whether that was a requirement of her contract or not, I don't know.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    It would depend, I think, on the terms of her contract with COI. IIRC, Todd went to SOI directly after SLC. Sarah, OTOH, was off of COI for a year before signing with SOI, although whether that was a requirement of her contract or not, I don't know.
    I thought Sarah didn't want to tour (COI) for whatever reasons (school??)and her father had to get her out of the contract?

Dee

Custom Title
    Dose this mean Sasha turn pro or she needs to get special sanction from USFSA to do SOI? AFAIK only COI is a USFSA sanctioned show.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    Dose this mean Sasha turn pro or she needs to get special sanction from USFSA to do SOI? AFAIK only COI is a USFSA sanctioned show.

I think she has to get special permission like Yagudin or somebody did in the past.

Down With It
    There is another thread on this.

Does this mean it's confirmed?

Eville Eastern Bloc Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    Some of their contracts are up............like Alexei's.
    Dee
    Ahhheemmm, sorry, Dee, my English knowledge seems to let me down here, what means "up of contracts" exactly in this context? Prolongation or expiry/completion?

Anke

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanice
    Ahhheemmm, sorry, Dee, my English knowledge seems to let me down here, what means "up of contracts" exactly in this context? Prolongation or expiry/completion?

Anke
    When a contract is 'up' is has reached its completion date.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    I thought Sarah didn't want to tour (COI) for whatever reasons (school??)and her father had to get her out of the contract?

Dee
    It may be true. All I know is that Sarah was skating with COI, took a year off, and then signed with SOI.

If this news is true, I welcome it wholeheartedly! Mike was our guest "star" at our local shows (Trenton, Philly) last year. He skated quite well, and was very warmly received. As for Sasha, I would love to see Sasha ultimately join SOI!

Wow, interesting......Mike Weiss does not entertain me much in competition, but I must say I quite enjoyed him as the guest start in Philly's stop of SOI last year!
    Shizuka is appearing in some cities with Champions on Ice this years tour.....have no idea what her plans are after that.
    I have always hoped Sasha Cohen would join SOI after her eligible career.
    I also hope Shen/Zhao will join the full SOI tour before they retire.
    SOI NEEDS a dance couple.....Tanith & Ben would be FANTASTIC for SOI, but I imagine they will remain eligible til 2010.....possibly they can somehow get the permission and appear in "some" SOI cities?
    It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out!

Custom Title
    I just feel like if Sasha starts skating with SOI she will like it and we won't see her at Nationals or Worlds anymore.

Banned
    Darn it. I always liked SOI better than COI but if Sasha is there, then I'm boycotting it.

Medalist
    This is pure speculation, but didn't some reports say that Evgeny has a change of heart and now he's not sure he's going to remain eligible? I mean the guy's won just about every possible title out there, and now he's got familiy to take care of. Would it be possible that SOI at least approached him? I really don't see SOI having both Evgeny and Alexei, not because of their past but I don't recall SOI carrying to Russian male solo skaters on tour.

Skating Freak Barbie
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel
    I wonder if that means Weiss & Sasha are bypassing the Grand Prix events this fall. Maybe the skaters aren't making enough money in those events. I am going to miss seeing them.

Well, considering the GP events are over mid-December, and SOI tour generally doesn't start until the first/second week of January, it wouldn't be a conflict. What SOI would be in conflict with would be the major events of the season, like Nationals, Euros, 4CC and Worlds.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast