Sasha & the Flying Tomato - meeting? | Golden Skate

Sasha & the Flying Tomato - meeting?

Frau Muller

Final Flight
I was disappointed that last night's Closing Ceremonies did not show us the long-awaited meeting of Sasha and Shawn the Flying Tomato (sorry - forget his last name!). During Friday's late-night interview with Bob Costas, Sasha seemed to hint that she's meet the FT during the closing ceremonies...although her face spoke volumes about her 'excitement' at the prospect!

Sasha said "Let's just leave it at that: I'm flattered."

I can't believe that during the four-hour ceremony, the FT couldn't get a move on Sasha, present her a bouquet or something!!!! Sheesh....

Maybe on an upcoming Leno Show? Sasha also hinted at that possibility, in her Friday interview with Costas.

R.D.

Record Breaker
she's on the show tomorrow night. Let's see.

I'm not going to waste any time thinking about this. They want to meet, they will. They don't need cameras in their faces. So what?

Frau Muller

Final Flight
I'll be watching tonight, with bells on & VCR at the ready!!!

Heck, I care!!! I want to see her reaction -- usually snooty but trying to portray 'fake niceness' to the public-- when Shawn (with his very genuine manner) comes up to her. Remember Sasha's 'p.o. face' when Bob Costas asked her about the prospect of meeting Shawn? It was very tsk-tsk...but she caught herself just in time to not be too snooty. Just a little snooty. :laugh:

Frau Muller said:
Remember Sasha's 'p.o. face' when Bob Costas asked her about the prospect of meeting Shawn? It was very tsk-tsk...but she caught herself just in time to not be too snooty. Just a little snooty. :laugh:
:laugh: I am a big Sasha fan, but she really does need to work on her facial expressions when journalists ask her unwelcome questions.

MM :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'd figure she should be used to it by now. As Kimmie said, she tends to get all or most of the hardball questions. Heck, a little thing about Shaun shouldn't bother her THAT much...why didn't she do that during all those MK questions?

eliza88

On the Ice
Hmmmm, thinking of Sasha and the Flying Tomato, somehow the Avril Lavine song "Skater Boy" (I refuse to spell it the way she does!) comes to mind!

eliza88

Linny

Final Flight
Fans

It brings to mind back when Alberto Tomba was so smitten with Katerina Witt....
Linny

soogar

Record Breaker
Well why should Sasha fall all over herself b/c some guy she doesn't know wants to meet her? Take a number Tomato, there are lots of guys who want to meet Sasha.

CDMM1991

Medalist
eliza88 said:
Hmmmm, thinking of Sasha and the Flying Tomato, somehow the Avril Lavine song "Skater Boy" (I refuse to spell it the way she does!) comes to mind!

eliza88

He was a punk
She did ballet [on the ice]
What more can i say
He wanted her
She'd never tell secretly she wanted him as well
But all of her fans
Stuck up their nose
They had a problem with his baggy clothes

He was a snowboard boy,
She said see ya later boy,
He wasn't good enough for her.
She had a pretty face,
But her head was up in space,
She needed to come back down to ear-ear-earrrrrrrrrth.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FreeKatie

On the Ice
Linny said:
It brings to mind back when Alberto Tomba was so smitten with Katerina Witt....
Linny

In 1994 Tombo told the press Kat was "too old"
she can do better anyway. has he seen himself lately? who says men improve with age?!?

FreeKatie

On the Ice
soogar said:
Well why should Sasha fall all over herself b/c some guy she doesn't know wants to meet her? Take a number Tomato, there are lots of guys who want to meet Sasha.

well said, move over Tomato, Sasha's lookin for a hot tamale!

CDMM1991 said:
He was a punk
She did ballet [on the ice]
What more can i say
He wanted her
She'd never tell secretly she wanted him as well
But all of her fans
Stuck up their nose
They had a problem with his baggy clothes

He was a snowboard boy,
She said see ya later boy,
He wasn't good enough for her.
She had a pretty face,
But her head was up in space,
She needed to come back down to ear-ear-earrrrrrrrrth.
:chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

R.D.

Record Breaker
soogar said:

Yes. I know.

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
The Sasha/Flying Tomato thing was pretty hysterical. I wonder what she will say to her friends, later, in private.

It's possible to meet your significant other at the Olympics, though. Yamaguchi met Bret Hedican in Albertville.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Ogre Mage said:
The Sasha/Flying Tomato thing was pretty hysterical. I wonder what she will say to her friends, later, in private.

It's possible to meet your significant other at the Olympics, though. Yamaguchi met Bret Hedican in Albertville.

And Jenni and Todd fell in love in Albertville. :love:

R.D.

Record Breaker
according to the Leno interview last night, they DID meet before the closing ceremony.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Ooooo....so now we await the 'results' of Sunday's Esquire Oscars Party!

Hey - maybe Sasha and Shaun will be at the Oscars? Maybe they'll be asked to co-present one of the 'lesser' awards or have some other on-stage role? Other Olympic medalists have done such tasks at Oscars, e.g., Tara, Dorothy H., etc. :rock: :rock: :rock: