Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 147

Thread: Why is Lambiel so hated by all?

  1. #16
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,182
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    IF Lysacek, Weir, Buttle, Joubert, Sandhu, Oda, and Takashi skated cleanly with quads they could challenge Plushenko..
    If wishes were horses, Slute-fan. The fact of the matter is, none of these skaters, nor Lambiel, ever in their lives skated cleanly with a quad, while Plushenko does it routinely every time out.

    So I don't think you can draw any conclusions from that.

    MM

    PS. But if you think that Lambiel should have been given the world bronze medal in 2004 over hometown boy Lindemann, I might go along with that.

  2. #17
    Go NJ Devils
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,700
    Fans and "experts" hardly have to hate Lambiel to say that Weir could beat Lambiel if he skated clean; they can predict this by looking at the protocols.

    Weir has relatively consistent, textbook perfect triple axels, and Lambiel's are not remotely consistent, and Weir has been given high PCS consistently. His flow and edge quality are unsurpassable. Add at least one quad, and his jump difficulty will exceed Lambiel's. His spins and footwork are excellent. There's no reason for him not to beat Lambiel if both skate clean with quad(s).

    Lysacek has gotten higher spin scores because of levels, and his triple axel, while not consistent or textbook, is more consistent than Lambiel's. Lysacek would have to raise his PCS to be competitive with Lambiel, though. Sandhu has the same triple axel problems that Lambiel does, and he has among the best footwork and spins in the world. If he lands the quad and the triple axel, then he should be competitive with Lambiel, especially given his consistently high PCS; Sandhu got high pre scores in international competition before Lambiel was even on the senior circuit. Buttle is generally inconsistent with jumps, usually the 3A and/or 3Lz and/or 3Lo, but if he skates clean with a landed quad, his protocols support a win over Lambiel.

    Takahashi is an exciting skater, and has much of Lambiel's danceability, spark, and dramatic explosiveness. I think people were taken by him this year on GP, and hoped for him to be competitive.
    Last edited by hockeyfan228; 02-27-2006 at 03:25 PM.

  3. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan228
    Fans and "experts" hardly have to hate Lambiel to say that Weir could beat Lambiel if he skated clean; they can predict this by looking at the protocols.

    Weir has relatively consistent, textbook perfect triple axels, and Lambiel's are not remotely consistent, and Weir has been given high PCS consistently. His flow and edge quality are unsurpassable. Add at least one quad, and his jump difficulty will exceed Lambiel's. His spins and footwork are excellent. There's no reason for him not to beat Lambiel if both skate clean with quad(s).

    Lysacek has gotten higher spin scores because of levels, and his triple axel, while not consistent or textbook, is more consistent than Lambiel's. Lysacek would have to raise his PCS to be competitive with Lambiel, though. Sandhu has the same triple axel problems that Lambiel does, and he has among the best footwork and spins in the world. If he lands the quad and the triple axel, then he should be competitive with Lambiel, especially given his consistently high PCS; Sandhu got high pre scores in international competition before Lambiel was even on the senior circuit. Buttle is generally inconsistent with jumps, usually the 3A and/or 3Lz and/or 3Lo, but if he skates clean with a landed quad, his protocols support a win over Lambiel.

    Takahashi is an exciting skater, and has much of Lambiel's danceability, spark, and dramatic explosiveness. I think people were taken by him this year on GP, and hoped for him to be competitive.
    Actually everything you said proves the hatred against Lambiel, thank you very much.

    Weir has slower and weaker spins than Lambiel and should get lower spin scores. His jumps are smaller, and dont have clean takeoffs on some, and should get lower GEO scores. Lambiel does two quads as well. His PCS does not deserve anything higher than Lambiel either, except maybe in skating skills, every other area Lambiel is as good or better. However he is American and Lambiel is Swiss, if both were American none of that would be the case. Inconsistent triple axels would not come into play if both skated cleanly since Lambiel would be hitting his triple axels and that situation and two quads would give him the jump difficultly edge. If both skate cleanly with quads the only reason for Weir to come ahead is being American.

    Lysacek get very generous PCS scores as it is. If he were Swiss he would get low 6s in PCS. His spin levels dont justify getting higher spin scores than Lambiel, Lambiel should be so much higher in GOE that it does not matter. However judges give Lysacek's slower, uglier spins that travel almost the same GOE.

    Buttle and Sandhu also are not any better than Lambiel if they all skate cleanly with quads, although all three should be above Weir or Lysacek. Buttle or Sandhu would get higher scores being American, and Lambiel higher scores being either American or Canadian.

  4. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    If wishes were horses, Slute-fan. The fact of the matter is, none of these skaters, nor Lambiel, ever in their lives skated cleanly with a quad, while Plushenko does it routinely every time out.

    So I don't think you can draw any conclusions from that.

    MM

    PS. But if you think that Lambiel should have been given the world bronze medal in 2004 over hometown boy Lindemann, I might go along with that.
    Lambiel is said to have no chance vs Plushenko even if he skated cleanly with quads while Sandhu, Buttle, Weir, Lysacek, Oda, Takahashi, and Joubert are all given a chance to do so. So there you go.

  5. #20
    Not the droid you're looking for
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Whine Country
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    Everybody on every skating board I am on says that if Lysacek, Weir, Buttle, Joubert, Sandhu, Oda, and Takashi skated cleanly with quads they could challenge Plushenko, which obviously means beating Lambiel as well who does not challenge Plushenko. The skating commentators and writers say that too.
    "Everybody on every skating board..."
    "The skating commentators and writers say..."
    Why do I get the impression that you watch Fox news?
    Please provide specific quotes from actual people when you go off on these little tirades, honey. Your credibility suffers when you don't.
    xoxo
    Rave
    (who just looooooves Lambiel, BTW)

  6. #21
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,661
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    Everybody on every skating board I am on says that if Lysacek, Weir, Buttle, Joubert, Sandhu, Oda, and Takashi skated cleanly with quads they could challenge Plushenko, which obviously means beating Lambiel as well who does not challenge Plushenko.
    you post on this board, correct?

    I also post on this board, yes?

    I HAVE NEVER STATED what you just said EVERYBODY has said... so either I am outside of this body of people, or you have just misrepresented a fact...

    so again I ask you to back it up with REAL evidence, not just "everybody/somebody/nobody"

  7. #22
    Go NJ Devils
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,700
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    Actually everything you said proves the hatred against Lambiel, thank you very much.

    Weir has slower and weaker spins than Lambiel and should get lower spin scores. His jumps are smaller, and dont have clean takeoffs on some, and should get lower GEO scores.
    Actually, no. Some of Lambiel's spins are faster than Weir's and some of them aren't. According to the CoP, Weir's are harder, and travel a little less.

    Weir's jumps are not smaller, he enters them with more speed, and he covers more distance than just about any other skater, which is quite obvious watching them both live. Lambiel has a very high 4Toe, but the rest of his jumps don't have that much height. Weir has superior run-out more of the time.

  8. #23
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Tropez, France
    Posts
    61
    Lambiel is a elegant, fluid yet exciting skater and lets us not forget, he did WIN the silver.... did not see Jonny Wier on the podium....
    Fauve

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by FauveNik
    Lambiel is a elegant, fluid yet exciting skater and lets us not forget, he did WIN the silver.... did not see Jonny Wier on the podium....
    Fauve
    Yes he is so superior to Weir most of the time the judges have no choice but to place the superior Lambiel ahead.

  10. #25
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Hey Slutefan - If you really want to put down Lambiel, don't use the word 'hate''.

    To best put him down you could rephrase the question to read something like this: Why have so many fans lost interest in Lambiel?

    Of course, you would be implying that so many fans at one time did love him. I would doubt that but at least it is better than listing all those competitors that he wins over.

    I think a World Champion and a Silver Olympiad speaks for itself. Not necessary to put him down. Not bad for an injured skater.

    Maybe MM was right, you don't like his hair. I would think it was his cologne.

    Joe

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,356
    I love this guy's skating from the first time lay eye on him. A lot of musicality back in those days. Now he may lost a little this quality under the CoP. But I still love his style.

  12. #27
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    29
    That's kinda weird to say people hate him, he's got a massive fan base and I think he's pretty great. At least when he skates he's got the whole package not just jumps like some other skaters. He's got a pure joy and passion for skating that is really likable.

  13. #28
    Eville Eastern Bloc Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Editville
    Posts
    477
    What's wrong with you???

    ... and I'm not even a huge Lambiel fan ...

    Anke

  14. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    I love this guy's skating from the first time lay eye on him. A lot of musicality back in those days. Now he may lost a little this quality under the CoP. But I still love his style.
    COP kills quality, which is why a quality skater like Lambiel scores lower than he deserves under COP.

  15. #30
    Go NJ Devils
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,700
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    Yes he is so superior to Weir most of the time the judges have no choice but to place the superior Lambiel ahead.
    The question is whether Weir would be ahead of Lambiel if his jump content was increased. That is yet to be seen.

    If both Weir and Lambiel skate cleanly and with quads, and the judges have "no choice but to place the superior Lambiel ahead," that refutes your argument about how much the judges "hate" Lambiel.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •