Why is Lambiel so hated by all? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Why is Lambiel so hated by all?

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Joesitz said:
Well, not really. Piseyev is Speedy's right hand man in the ISU. He has influcence but affecting outcome of a competition is not proveable. Just a theory.

The Americans have a lot of money to influence. Do they? Just wondering.

Switzerland has to do it the hard way yet it did get a silver medal. Lucky.

Poor Mexico. No chance in sight.

Joe

Basicaly the countries that have more fans, are able to put more money into the sport are more likely to get favorable scoring. They dont neccessarily have to make deals. How is that unreasonable, ISU people want the countries that put money into the sport to see their skaters doing well, and understanding that most fans tend to be partial to their own, anything pretty good usually has to be in the top 5 minimum to satisfy fans.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
The Americans have a lot of money to influence. Do they? Just wondering.

yeah for all our cash, we certainly don't have a lot of pull when it comes to medals... *looks at the US's TWO silver medals*

so is Lambiel for the US??? how'd he make in on the podium if 1. everyone hates him and so therefore he 2. has no pull with the judges

he's a fluke!

or, MAYBE, he's just a really good skater who deserves to get that medal, just like all of the other skaters at the top... shhhhhhhhh you may think me crazy for saying such things

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Tonichelle said:
yeah for all our cash, we certainly don't have a lot of pull when it comes to medals... *looks at the US's TWO silver medals*

so is Lambiel for the US??? how'd he make in on the podium if 1. everyone hates him and so therefore he 2. has no pull with the judges

he's a fluke!

or, MAYBE, he's just a really good skater who deserves to get that medal, just like all of the other skaters at the top... shhhhhhhhh you may think me crazy for saying such things

Yes two silvers ahead of skaters who performed better than them.

Dibs

Rinkside
I think by all the positive posts about Lambiel on this discussion we can all assume he's not hated my the vast majority of fans. As far as Lambiel being untouchable when he's clean, it's really just a matter of context. All of the top men can potentially beat one another if they have a great skate, and in my opinion that includes Lysacek, Weir, Takashi, Oda, Lambiel, Buttle, Sandhu, and so on and so on.

I adore Lambiel's skating, but I think its a stretch to state that he's unbeatable when he's clean. No one is unbeatable, and simply because you feel he is a superior skater, Slutfan, does not mean that these other men are inferior. All it means is that it is your own opinion. So if Lysacek, Buttle, Oda, etc. upset Lambiel it could possibly mean that they have there own merits whether you choose to acknowledge them or not.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Dibs said:
I think by all the positive posts about Lambiel on this discussion we can all assume he's not hated my the vast majority of fans. As far as Lambiel being untouchable when he's clean, it's really just a matter of context. All of the top men can potentially beat one another if they have a great skate, and in my opinion that includes Lysacek, Weir, Takashi, Oda, Lambiel, Buttle, Sandhu, and so on and so on.

I adore Lambiel's skating, but I think its a stretch to state that he's unbeatable when he's clean. No one is unbeatable, and simply because you feel he is a superior skater, Slutfan, does not mean that these other men are inferior. All it means is that it is your own opinion. So if Lysacek, Buttle, Oda, etc. upset Lambiel it could possibly mean that they have there own merits whether you choose to acknowledge them or not.

Lysacek and Oda are inferior in every aspect of their skating. That is not a matter of opinion, it is common sense. Saying that is just an opinions is like saying Cohen being more polished than Nelidina is just an opinion.

For the record I would like to add I bet alot of money if Ruh were skating today she would get lower spin scores than the following skaters: Sokolova, Volchkova, Meissner, and Emily Hughes.

Last edited:

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
ok, I didn't take the time to read the whole tread, but...

I don't hate him! I adore him, :love: and I was under the impression that the fans loved him too..

At least he ought to be loved by the ladies..:p and his step sequence, and the tears at the medal cermony, and when he sings along with "You're beautiful" in the exhibition...

What is there not to love?

soogar

Record Breaker
Who hates Lambiel? I wish he had won the OGM. He has so much charisma and makes the ice melt.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Just piping in to say I love Lambiel too! :love: I was very happy for him winning a medal especially when he was so emotional on the podium!

Big Deal

Final Flight
Hi all,

I do like Lambiel's style and way of his skating. He is a VERY fluent enjoyable skater, one of the best if not the best nowdays.
The only problem of the men's skating is: the COP wishes more quality by the skaters than they actually has. It would be better to give no points to unsuccesfull trial of any jumps etc.
Another thing: it would be VERY useful to have 2 sets of judges. One of them gives the technical element's points and the other gives the "artistic impression" points, beeing independent of each-.other's point, like in snowboard etc.

Big Deal

Final Flight
I forgot a very important detail ( at least in my eyes it is).
When Lambiel is skating I can see a lovely, artistic general appearance , nothing woodden, but I don't need to think I've seen a MAN without beeing ridiculously "over-macho" or even unnecessarily feminine:rock: :rock: . It is NOT easy to find this "border-line" and he did it.

Thanks for posting, BigDeal. Welcome to the Forum.

Mathman :)

PS. I edited your signature to take out the "undefined." This was a glitch in the font software at the time that you registered. It has been corrected now.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Lambiel's skating is very good and when I watch him perform I always
think of his skating as very smooth and emotional, but IMO there seems to
be something missing.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
demarinis5 said:
Lambiel's skating is very good and when I watch him perform I always
think of his skating as very smooth and emotional, but IMO there seems to
be something missing.

A Russian or American passport.

shine

Record Breaker
:love:
bigdeal said:
When Lambiel is skating I can see a lovely, artistic general appearance , nothing woodden, but I don't need to think I've seen a MAN without beeing ridiculously "over-macho" or even unnecessarily feminine:rock: :rock: . It is NOT easy to find this "border-line" and he did it.
I totally agree. I'm never seen a skater with such a perfect/amazing combination of manly grace and boyish charm!

CDMM1991

Medalist
bigdeal said:

ITA.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
A Russian or American passport.

No, more along the lines of excitement or a connection with the audience.
You do not need a Russian or American passport for that.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
It is amazing this thread has stood up so long. A Slutskayafan thread is bound to last, it is never boring, and always worth discussing. I am a great asset to this site. :rock:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
demarinis5 said:
No, more along the lines of excitement or a connection with the audience.
You do not need a Russian or American passport for that.

Something Lambiel has, and has more of than most skaters in the group I had. Not Plushenko but I am not referring to him anyway.

slutskayafan21 said:
It is amazing this thread has stood up so long. A Slutskayafan thread is bound to last, it is never boring, and always worth discussing. I am a great asset to this site. :rock:
All that and modest, too! :rock: ;)