Why is Lambiel so hated by all? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Why is Lambiel so hated by all?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
Yes Kurt's such a jerk for saying "good for Stephane." man, he should have just come out and said the guy sucked :rolleyes:

you know for someone so hated, they sure take a lot to prove otherwise

then again we all know the real way to prove hatred is by scoring the guy high enough to win a world title.. and then a second one... and a silver at the Olys... :rolleyes:

Alright Ms. Sardonic, I get your point!! :laugh: But at the end of the ESPN telecast, Kurt made the comment that Joubert was the World Champ right until the end of of Stephane's skate. Gannon said: even know? & Kurt said yes... Now, does that make Kurt a jerk? Absolutely not. But that's what he said...

And you know Stephane needs chapstick...:yes:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Are you saying Kurt honestly had the nerve to declare Joubert the World Champion before Stephane even skated? That does pi#s me off to here if it is true. Also I bet he waited until Buttle and Sandhu skated to declare that for sure, as they obviously had more hopes of catching Brian than Stephane did according to Kurt. :scratch: Stephane only needed a 153 to win and he had scored a 160 and qualifying. He managed a 156 as it was despite his triple axel not being counted, and missing his triple loop, he could have been well over 160 without these problems.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Are you saying Kurt honestly had the nerve to declare Joubert the World Champion before Stephane even skated? That does pi#s me off to here if it is true.

Yes. After Joubert's skate, Kurt stated several times that he didn't think this skater or that skater couldn't catch Joubert. The world champ comment came as the three men were standing on the podium at the end of the competition... Don't get pissed off, the sport is subjective. But it is what it is...

Wait a minute. If Kurt said this after the competition was all over and the winners were standing on the podium, he must have been mocking himself for calling the contest prematurely. (?)

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Like I said Stephane had already done a score 7 points higher than what he would have needed to win gold in QUALIFYING so he must have been smoking something if he declared the event over after Joubert skated. I have heard him talk about Stephane's skating on Canadian TV and he really does not like him though, oh well Stephane already has the Olympic medal Kurt never won, and I would not be at all surprised to see him atleast match his 4 World titles now that he has declared his intent to stay amateur through 2010.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
One of his nicknames is the little zebra, another is the little prince. So his two program costums reflect this. :agree:

Not to brag about my predictions but it was I who claimed the the two European Men would battle it out for gold with the third place to be a toss up of what was left.

1. How many thought it would be Buttle?
2. How many thought it woudl be Johnny?
3. How many thought it would be Emmanuel?
4. How many thought it woudl be Nobaruni?(sp)

It was Lambiel and Joubert just as I said.

without getting into any one's personal tastes, the protocols show Joubert slightly higher than Lambiel in Technical but Lambiel is the musical one with the best choreography. This will be a lesson for Brian. If he wants gold, he will have to do more than look rugged handsome and put a little dance in his routines.

I suspect the Joubert team will know what to do next time out. As for the others they MUST learn to skate clean, then we can judge properly.

Joe

Last edited:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Hey Joe - good call on those predictions!

Well, team Joubert is once again in a state of flux, so it will indeed be interesting to see what happens for next season now that he's dumped Morozov. It was Morozov afterall that gave him his best and most successful programs including TIME and MATRIX.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Kwanford Wife said:
Hey, what can I say? We Detroit skating fans are a smart group!:laugh:
Add this Detroiter to the sardonic fan club. That is a vocabulary word for my freshmen early in the year and I use it all the time with them.

I love Stephane. Love, love, love him:love: .

Speaking of Kurt comments, I never (maybe I just missed it) saw any posts about his comment about Johnny Weir after his LP. As Johnny is sitting in the K&C all slumped over, Kurt says, "He just needs to go shopping to make him feel better."! I was stunned he would say that on air. I usually like his off the cuff remarks, but felt that was a bit much, and I am not really a Johnny fan.

76olympics

On the Ice
This is probably just the right thread to state....I think Stephane's skating is fab and I REALLY enjoyed observing his scarlet underoos in the exhibition! ( I am just a naughty middle aged woman!)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joubert is going to have to learn NOT to skate on two feet 90% of the time if he wants to win a better color than silver.

antmanb

Record Breaker
southwest wind said:
Even with the short discussions here, I still don't get the costume. Any more insights?
SWW

I'm sure i read an article somewhere where he was asked about the costume at the start of the season and said something about the images conjured in his mind when listening to the music and about seeing a parrot and a zebra...hence the costume...sorry my memory is a little sketchy and i couldn't even begin to tell you where i read this but is was online...maybe try googling some key words and seeing what it throws out?

Ant

sooo many posts about the zebra. He WON!!! But you can still hate him if you like that sort of thing.

Questions you may want to answer: 1. Will his knees hold up for the next four years? (I don't think so). 2. At 20 (very young for a man) will he continue to increase his quad content? (I think there will be a quad lutz in the future); 3. Will that 3 axel become just another jump in the clean program? (of course).

Next batch: Will Brian have to resort to the Matrix to prove he is faultless and the best? Will Brian get some choreography between the jumps? Will Brian be able to cope with Vivaldi tempo music?

I've never hated Lambiel and I will continue to NOT hate Lambiel.

Joe

antmanb

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
sooo many posts about the zebra. He WON!!! But you can still hate him if you like that sort of thing.

Questions you may want to answer: 1. Will his knees hold up for the next four years? (I don't think so). 2. At 20 (very young for a man) will he continue to increase his quad content? (I think there will be a quad lutz in the future); 3. Will that 3 axel become just another jump in the clean program? (of course).

Next batch: Will Brian have to resort to the Matrix to prove he is faultless and the best? Will Brian get some choreography between the jumps? Will Brian be able to cope with Vivaldi tempo music?

I've never hated Lambiel and I will continue to NOT hate Lambiel.

Joe

LEt me try to answer some of the questions:

1. I'm sorry to say tha ti agree i'm not sure he's knees will hold out for another four years. But saying that Robin Cousins managed to carry on even despite his dodgy knees...though i think he might be at the stage now where he's had both knees operated on twice now...maybe bionic implants are the way to go...quints anyone?! :p

2. I don't think he'll need to increase his quad content. Firstly the top men are struggling to put down consistent programs with 2 x 4T and 2 x 3A so i don't think any more quads are needed to win. Secondly for the reason of his knees i don't think he will. Also like you've noted Stephane seems to prefer toe jumps to edge jumps so i would suspect his next quad would be more likely to be a lutz or a flip, but since they're two of his most reliable triples he may not want to seriously train a quad cos it always throws off your timing for the triple - look at Plushy's salchow ever since he's been training the quad.

3. I think the triple axel may just become Stephane's nemesis jump - the one he's always nervous about. I don't think he'll every be happy enough to put two in the LP and that might be the only reason to add a third quad, but for now i don't think he needs it.

Re Joubert: I think if Brian carries on skating right through to Vancouver he'll bring out the matrix for that season...and i think he should. Petrenko used his winning LP for how many seasons leading up to his title? And pluschenko's been skating the same program to different music for the last 4 seasons!!! I don't know that Joubert will ever be able to pull off choreography even if he gets some good stuff, not while TT choregoraphs Brian's programs for Yags and then gets Yags to teach it to him. I think Joubert might be better off going for the pluschenko approach of getting his jumps the best they can and consistent as possible and throw the choreography in the bin. Joubert is one skater who could add quads to his repetoire - leading up to 2003 worlds he was seen landing quad toes, sals, flips and lutzes in practices. Although not consistently he has the ability, and one of the biggest flips in the business. Maybe he will end up outjumping everyone?

Ant

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
Zanzibar said:
Hey Joe - good call on those predictions!

Well, team Joubert is once again in a state of flux, so it will indeed be interesting to see what happens for next season now that he's dumped Morozov. It was Morozov afterall that gave him his best and most successful programs including TIME and MATRIX.

yes true he did contribute those 2 programs,which are very good,especially Matrix,but that riverdance thing..whatever that was..that was absolutely ...it just wasn't good. I am glad Brian went back to Matrix for Worlds.