Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Splatfest...The Pictorial

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    I got issues
    Posts
    680
    And who says Cohen never hits a bad position??????????

    Wow, thats a LOT of falls. Most pics are at least mildly amusing, but i still cring when I see those of Zhang and Dubreil. Ouch.

  3. #3
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,253
    Quote Originally Posted by dancindiva03
    And who says Cohen never hits a bad position?
    Actually, the first Sasha picture is a very pretty position. She looks like she is jumping into a swimming pool.

    Irina number two is a little ungainly.

  4. #4
    Condolences to Joannie Rochette and her family cosmictears10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Marystown
    Posts
    133
    fusar poli and margaglio's pick looks like she is trying to rip his face off! I think that is my favorite considering her reaction after the original dance!

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Actually, the first Sasha picture is a very pretty position. She looks like she is jumping into a swimming pool.
    u're right, she even falls prettier than everyone else. the last photo is very dramatic

  6. #6
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sudbury Ontario Canada
    Posts
    25
    a lot of these pics are of the same fall just from a different angle ......and how come there is only one of eman and three of buttle when eman fell like 4 times and buttle only fell twice in both the short and long?...just wondering....

  7. #7
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Irina number two is a little ungainly.
    Yeah...not exactly the best of views...

  8. #8
    Gliding Along dlkksk8fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,685
    The ice is very slippery..........

  9. #9
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater_Kid
    ...how come there is only one of eman and three of buttle when eman fell like 4 times and buttle only fell twice in both the short and long?...just wondering....
    Idleracer is a big Eman fan.

  10. #10
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    29
    all i can say is owie!!!

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,050
    Considering that there were so many splats in so many disciplines, I am wondering if there could have been a problem with the ice?

  12. #12
    Custom Title IDLERACER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictears10
    fusar poli and margaglio's pick looks like she is trying to rip his face off! I think that is my favorite considering her reaction after the original dance!
    Actually, I think it looks more like she's sticking her fingers up his nose. Very undignified.

  13. #13
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,082
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    Considering that there were so many splats in so many disciplines, I am wondering if there could have been a problem with the ice?
    During the ice dancing competition Tracy Wilson was asked a similar question about all the falls. Her answer was that everyone was adding more technical difficulty to their programs to get more points under the COP system.

  14. #14
    Custom Title ceg15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    227
    A lot of these pictures made me pee my pants laughing. ahahha

  15. #15
    Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    801
    I cant remember who said it, but it was apparently a challenge for the glacial technicians to find a happy medium between the ideal ice for short track and figure skating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •