Dream Worlds Podiums | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dream Worlds Podiums

Mafke

Medalist
It's too soon for dream podiums until we have a better idea of who the competitors will be.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sasha
Fumie
Joannie

Jeff
Matt
Evan

Shen/Zhao
Rena/John
Dube/Davison

Tanith/Ben
Dubreuil/Lauzon
Delobel/Shoenfelder

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Since this was my idea, I'll play to. Remember, since this is a dream, you can choose whoever. Here's mine:
LADIES
Gold - Sasha
Silver - Emily
Bronze - Kimmie

MEN
Gold - Johnny
Silver - Evan
Bronze - Evgeny

PAIRS
Gold - Totmianina/ Marinin
Silver - Shen/ Xiao
Bronze - Either American pair

DANCE
Gold - Tanith/ Ben
Silver - Tatiana/ Roman
Bronze - that Ukranian team

Antilles

Medalist
I don't think it's too early to play. This is a "dream" podium, so it has no basis in reality.

Vash01

Medalist
This is only a wish list, but I won't include skaters that have already announced their retirement (T&M, N&K). I am leaving the door open for Irina and Plushenko until they announce their absences from worlds.

Ladies:

1.Irina
2.Joannie
3.Fumie

Men:

1.Plushenko
2.Weir
3.Savoie

Pairs:

1.S&Z
2.Pet-Tik
3.O&S

Ice dance:

1.Dubriell-Lauzon
2.Belbin-Agosto
3.Denkova-Staviyski

mzheng

Record Breaker
I'd like to see Joannie doing well in her home country. I really like her skating, she does have those 'eaze' of movement and elegance on ice. And good musicality of interpretation. Loved her Olympic LP very good interpretation of a piano piece (According to my kid piano piece is very difficult to skate to. While those orchast pieces are good for skating).

I also like to see Matt Savoir doing well in this worlds, I hope a medal (may be not realistic, but I wish) for him.

Kasey

Medalist
Men:

Weir
Lambiel
Klimkin

Ladies:

Sokolova, Suguri and Meier, in any order

Pairs:

Petrova/Tikhonov
Shen/Zhao
Ok, so even though they are not going, Evora and Ladwig! :)

Dance

Delobel/Shoenfelder
Chait/Sakhnovsky
Dubreiul/Lauzon

merrywidow

Record Breaker
men:
Weir
Lysacek
Sandhu

Women:
Cohen
Meissner
Rochette

Dance:
Belbin/Agosto
Delobel/Schoenfelder
Dubreuil/Lauzon

Pairs:
Shen/Zhao
Pang/Tong
Zhangs

Mafke

Medalist
We know the Russian medalists are a no show. I doubt if Arakawa will have enough sleep to even think of showing up and I doubt if S/Z will show either if any of them do show up this is subject to change, but with no real need to be too realistic, I'll go with (rough order)

Pairs
Petrova / Tikhonov : Underappreciated I like to see them win again
Zagorska / Siudek : Gotta root for the home team (I live in Poland)
Pang / Tong : I liked them better than Zh/Zh

Men
Klimkin : Would be so cool
Weir : Like to see him get over his quadophobia
Savoie : Would be so cool
- alternates : Chiper, Dinev (since we're not required to be realistic)

Women
Cohen : Good chance for her to get a gold
Suguri : A medal would make up a little for close call at olys
Liashenko : finally
- alternates: Sokolova, Rochette, Meier

clairecloutier

Final Flight
LADIES

1. Shizuka Arakawa. I would love to see her win again, hopefully with an even better performance than at the Olympics.

2. Sasha Cohen. Her long program is lovely; hopefully she can skate it more cleanly this time. Would be nice to see her end the year (and possibly her career) on a high note.

3. Joannie Rochette. I'd like to see Joannie skate well and get the bronze in her home country.

Reality check: I think Sasha and Shizuka are virtual locks for the podium. Joannie is more of a long shot; it depends on how she handles the pressure of being the home-town favorite. I could see Fumie Suguri, Yukari Nakano, or possibly Kimmie Meissner getting the bronze instead.

MEN

1. Johnny Weir. He's such an amazing talent, and with Plushenko out, this could be a golden opportunity to kick it up a notch and win. He has the goods; he just has to commit himself.

2. Stephane Lambiel. Would love to see him skate a clean long program for once and really do well. I like him a lot and just wish he were more consistent.

3. Matt Savoie. Would love to see Matt get the bronze and end his career on a high note. He deserves recognition for being such a great all-around skater.

Reality check: This is my dream podium . . . but based on past results, momentum, and the fact that the competition's in Canada, I think we're more likely to see a repeat of last year's podium: Lambiel, Buttle, Lysacek.

PAIRS

1. Shen/Zhao. I admire them so much. It would be wonderful to see them win again.

2. Savchenko/Szolkowy. They are the only pair right now (except for Shen/Zhao) who seem to have any chemistry or connection on the ice. I like their skating and their artistry.

3. Inoue/Baldwin. Again, would be nice to see them end their career on a high note. But I'd also be excited to see Pang/Tong win the bronze, as I've enjoyed their Phantom of the Opera program this year.

Reality check: In reality, if Zhang/Zhang are healthy, they will most likely win gold. Also, if Petrova/Tikhonov show up, they'll probably sneak onto the podium as well. So in reality, it's unlikely that either the Germans or Americans will get a medal. Shen/Zhao probably *will* get a medal of some color, though.

DANCE

1. Belbin/Agosto. They're great skaters, fun to watch, and in my book, have the best overall package and programs aside from Navka/Kostomarov. As an American, it would be incredible to see them actually win.

2. Dubreuil/Lauzon. They are such an elegant, gorgeous team, and their long program is lovely. They deserve a long-awaited World medal. They have more than paid their dues.

3. Denkova/Staviyski. They skated well at the Olympics, and I'd like to see them on the podium again.

Reality check: With the home-ice advantage, I think it's totally possible Dubreuil/Lauzon could sneak past Tanith and Ben for the gold. Also, Delobel/Schoenfelder may well pass Denkova/Staviyski for bronze, based on results this season.