Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Emily Hughes - too young to already be grating our nerves!

Custom Title

Emily Hughes - too young to already be grating our nerves!

This is only Emily Hughes' first senior-level season....

So WHY, oh why, is she already grating on my (our?) nerves, whenever she gives interviews? Can somebody please tone-down her chatty-chatty-manic talk, just by 4-5 levels? Maybe cut-down her intake of caffein? By the time that Emily was giving her final interviews, I learned to press the 'mute' button on my clicker before her mouth opened.

Emily could learn a thing or two by listening to Kimmie, who is also bubbly & young, yet not obnoxious in her energy level.

There is 'bubbly' and there is 'manic.'

Although Kimmie's got that little giggle after every sentence.

Nah, I love 'em both. I wish I were 16 again and obnoxiously enthusiastic and manically bubbly about life.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller
    This is only Emily Hughes' first senior-level season....

So WHY, oh why, is she already grating on my (our?) nerves, whenever she gives interviews? Can somebody please tone-down her chatty-chatty-manic talk, just by 4-5 levels? Maybe cut-down her intake of caffein? By the time that Emily was giving her final interviews, I learned to press the 'mute' button on my clicker before her mouth opened.

Emily could learn a thing or two by listening to Kimmie, who is also bubbly & young, yet not obnoxious in her energy level.

There is 'bubbly' and there is 'manic.'
    On the Eurosport coverage of the Olympics every time Emily was interviewed she came across as really professional like she had rehearsed well for the questions, trotted out her answers with no um's and ah's and didn't seem hyper or girly at all.

Ant

Down With It
    I always can't stand these "ditzy" type personalities, but I really "like" the way Kimmie interviews. I put like in quotes because she comes across as a likeable person. Emily is OK, too, but Kimmie just has that air that makes me smile every time she talks. (don't take this the wrong way ppl)

Now, this is off topic but I don't like the way, say someone like Cohen interviews. She just kind of has this annoying voice, plus other things I'm not going to get into. Everyone else I say is kind of on middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    ... Kimmie just has that air that makes me smile every time she talks. (don't take this the wrong way ppl).
    You know I'm going to take that the wrong way, LOL.

MM

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    You know I'm going to take that the wrong way, LOL.
    yeah, I guess I kinda set myself up for that one. Well, ya know what I mean I get the impression Kimmie is a likeable person, no more.

Custom Title
    I felt as if Emily was 'milking' her 15 minutes of fame to the max...ten days after arriving in Torino she was still doing the 'GEE-WHIZ! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M RIGHT HERE!!! WOWEEEE!!!!" thing, with eyes bulging out of her sockets and non-stop chattering.

I felt like yelling at her "Get a grip! Your plane landed one week ago!" :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

Aw, don't be a party pooper, Frau M.

Plus, in the ZOWIE GEE WHIZ department, just wait till Katy Taylor wins a major event!

Custom Title
    ...... just wait till Katy Taylor wins a major event!
    Oh, no....when she buys her Hummer?! Terry Gannon will surely be stationed outside the showroom, ready to interview her.

Down With It
    Yuck.

Custom Title
    I actually like her. She actually tried to improve her routine since Nationals. The media seems to like her because she seems very approachable and friendly.

Shoe Diva
    Aw, don't be a party pooper, Frau M.

Plus, in the ZOWIE GEE WHIZ department, just wait till Katy Taylor wins a major event!
    Oh man... I almost forgot about the gaggle of giggly girls moving up the ranks... I might not ever listen to another skating interview again... Hey Frau, you should teach a class in proper use of the "MUTE" button... my nerves cannot take 4 years of this group...

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    yeah, I guess I kinda set myself up for that one. Well, ya know what I mean I get the impression Kimmie is a likeable person, no more.
    You & MM are dirty old men...

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    You & MM are dirty old men...
    ME? I'm not dirty, and am anything but old.

Custom Title
    I think any Huge2 annoyance has to be amplified by the fact that she shares so many mannerisms wih her sister. So the side jaw movement, bloated tongue and pie face are all too familiar to be viewed as new. And she's a little lispy.

But I actually am pretty OK with her because she seems honest enough about things.

Also- I looves me some Kwan but her interviews are always too introspective & now Cohen is basically giving entire Kwan interviews- AARRGGGHHH. I miss the little spitfire she once was.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast