Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Sasha Guest On Jay Leno

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    988

    Sasha Guest On Jay Leno

    Sasha will be a guest on Jay Leno tonight and she will also be appearing on The Ellen Show on Thursday. If anyone is interested, just thought I would let you know. Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,093
    Thanks for the heads up, Millie. I didn't know about Ellen. (Ellen rocks )

  3. #3
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,988
    I will have to catch the Ellen show. She is so hilarious. I would not
    be surprised if Ellen tries to figure skate.

  4. #4
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,616
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5
    I will have to catch the Ellen show. She is so hilarious. I would not
    be surprised if Ellen tries to figure skate.
    She could try dancing on skates. I love her too.

    Dee

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    902

    Thanks!

    Thanks Millie, I will watch.

  6. #6
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,988
    When Jay introduced Sasha and she came walking out I was stunned.
    She looked fabulous and sexy. I could not believe it was Sasha. She was wearing a great black dress. The interview went well they talked about her being in first place after her short program and Jay brought up her fall in the lp and she gave the same answers as in her other interviews. He asked her about Michelle. She did not say anything new just her standard statement about Michelle. Also asked her about Shaun White and she did meet him and she said he was pretty shy. Jay said did he ask you out on a date and she said no.

    Sasha seemed to be very comfortable and relaxed.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5
    When Jay introduced Sasha and she came walking out I was stunned.
    She looked fabulous and sexy. I could not believe it was Sasha. She was wearing a great black dress. The interview went well they talked about her being in first place after her short program and Jay brought up her fall in the lp and she gave the same answers as in her other interviews. He asked her about Michelle. She did not say anything new just her standard statement about Michelle. Also asked her about Shaun White and she did meet him and she said he was pretty shy. Jay said did he ask you out on a date and she said no.

    Sasha seemed to be very comfortable and relaxed.
    She was charming and eloquent.

    No wonder Shaun, and my nephews are all smitten with this lovely young lady!

    Jay asked her about Michelle:

    Sasha: 'Well I was very surprized because she usually-you know she when she plans to do an event she goes..it must have been really hard for her to have to go home but on the other hand you know it was nice for Emily to have a chance to skate at the Olympics'.

    She kind of slung the medal over her left shoulder at the end like a handbag.

    She said she didn't get back to the Village after the SP until 3 or 4 in the morning-no wonder she was tired!

    She said again that she just couldn't find the height on her jumps.

    She said about Shaun 'luckily he was shy' when they met before the Closing Ceremonies. He told her he had been on Leno. She said he didn't ask her out. Very cute.

    She said she got separated from Team USA doing an interview and speed walked through Team Japan, and Team Germany lol.

    She seems psyched for Worlds. She said she's not burned out yet, and would like to go to Vancouver in 2010 if her body holds out.
    Last edited by ladysarahchatto; 03-01-2006 at 01:25 AM.

  8. #8
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,616
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5
    When Jay introduced Sasha and she came walking out I was stunned.
    She looked fabulous and sexy. I could not believe it was Sasha. She was wearing a great black dress.
    She did look beautiful!! They showed clips of her short program, I don't remember if they showed the falls. I stayed up to watch so was kind of tired watching. Jay asked if she was in pain while skating and she said no she had taken tylenol and celebrex. She didn't make excuses for her falls but said it just wasn't her night. She talked about how she is learning how to let things go and move on.............which she showed in her LP.

    Dee

  9. #9
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,093
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysarahchatto
    Jay asked her about Michelle:

    Sasha: 'Well I was very surprized because she usually-you know she when she plans to do an event she goes..it must have been really hard for her to have to go home but on the other hand you know it was nice for Emily to have a chance to skate at the Olympics'.
    OK, but seriously. With all the times Sasha has been asked about this in the past, and all the times she will be asked about it in the future, WHY doesn't one of her handlers pull her aside and tell her: Look, the answer to that question is: "I am sorry that Michelle was injured. She has been a great champion and I hope to see her fully recovered next season."

    MM

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    OK, but seriously. With all the times Sasha has been asked about this in the past, and all the times she will be asked about it in the future, WHY doesn't one of her handlers pull her aside and tell her: Look, the answer to that question is: "I am sorry that Michelle was injured. She has been a great champion and I hope to see her fully recovered next season."

    MM

    MM, probably they don't think that it's a big deal and they don't see anything wrong with the way she responds to the question. I was wondering, whenever Sasha has been injured or sick ,has Michelle ever wrote her a note or said in public that she was sorry that Sasha was not well and that she hopes that she recovers soon. I don't see what the big deal is about her responses.

  11. #11
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,093
    I guess so, Millie. But the girl is just so darn stubborn! I'm sure lots of people have tried to tell her what the polite response is, but she just can't seem to force her mouth to say those words. Oh, well.

    MM

  12. #12
    Custom Title kittyjake5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    383
    IMO Sasha and Michelle are not "girlfriends". It seems to me that they
    have a polite relationship with each other and that's it.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5
    IMO Sasha and Michelle are not "girlfriends". It seems to me that they
    have a polite relationship with each other and that's it.
    While Sasha's response was polite and adequate, I don't think that something like "I'm sorry she's hurt" should be restricted to girlfriends.
    Last edited by attyfan; 03-01-2006 at 04:55 PM.

  14. #14
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    OK, but seriously. With all the times Sasha has been asked about this in the past, and all the times she will be asked about it in the future, WHY doesn't one of her handlers pull her aside and tell her: Look, the answer to that question is: "I am sorry that Michelle was injured. She has been a great champion and I hope to see her fully recovered next season."

    MM

    Mathman, I SOOO agree! I watched Leno last night and though Sasha was gorgeously dressed, newly tinted hair, etc., I really think it appropriate that for ONCE she at least acknowledge Michelle's contributions to figure skating. This comment on Leno was subpar, IMO. I don't care how many times she's asked the question, she is now 21, she's getting tons of spotlight, how much could it cost her to be a bit more gracious? I mean after all, she's finally out from under Michelle's shadow and is loving the limelight, so why not be generous?

    At the same time, I'm a little surprised that Leno and many in the press who have praised Sasha for digging deep and skating well for the rest of her program. As one pundit said, paraphrase, "Well, sure, what did you expect? She's either gonna do that or totally fall apart." So when Michelle fell in 2002, why didn't we see a lot of press along the lines of, "Wow, good job, you continued on in your program!" Instead, it was, well, she failed again.


    Graceness

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,581
    Well, I didn't see the appearance or hear the tone of voice, but to me "it must have been really hard for her to have to go home" sounds empathetic enough.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •