Sasha Guest On Jay Leno | Golden Skate

Sasha Guest On Jay Leno

millie

Medalist
Sasha will be a guest on Jay Leno tonight and she will also be appearing on The Ellen Show on Thursday. If anyone is interested, just thought I would let you know. Enjoy!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I will have to catch the Ellen show. She is so hilarious. I would not
be surprised if Ellen tries to figure skate.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
demarinis5 said:
I will have to catch the Ellen show. She is so hilarious. I would not
be surprised if Ellen tries to figure skate.
She could try dancing on skates. I love her too. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
When Jay introduced Sasha and she came walking out I was stunned.
She looked fabulous and sexy. I could not believe it was Sasha. She was wearing a great black dress. The interview went well they talked about her being in first place after her short program and Jay brought up her fall in the lp and she gave the same answers as in her other interviews. He asked her about Michelle. She did not say anything new just her standard statement about Michelle. Also asked her about Shaun White and she did meet him and she said he was pretty shy. Jay said did he ask you out on a date and she said no.

Sasha seemed to be very comfortable and relaxed.

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
demarinis5 said:
She looked fabulous and sexy. I could not believe it was Sasha. She was wearing a great black dress. The interview went well they talked about her being in first place after her short program and Jay brought up her fall in the lp and she gave the same answers as in her other interviews. He asked her about Michelle. She did not say anything new just her standard statement about Michelle. Also asked her about Shaun White and she did meet him and she said he was pretty shy. Jay said did he ask you out on a date and she said no.

Sasha seemed to be very comfortable and relaxed.

She was charming and eloquent.

No wonder Shaun, and my nephews are all smitten with this lovely young lady!

Jay asked her about Michelle:

Sasha: 'Well I was very surprized because she usually-you know she when she plans to do an event she goes..it must have been really hard for her to have to go home but on the other hand you know it was nice for Emily to have a chance to skate at the Olympics'.

She kind of slung the medal over her left shoulder at the end like a handbag. :laugh:

She said she didn't get back to the Village after the SP until 3 or 4 in the morning-no wonder she was tired!

She said again that she just couldn't find the height on her jumps.

She said about Shaun 'luckily he was shy' when they met before the Closing Ceremonies. He told her he had been on Leno. She said he didn't ask her out. ;) Very cute.

She said she got separated from Team USA doing an interview and speed walked through Team Japan, and Team Germany lol.

She seems psyched for Worlds. She said she's not burned out yet, and would like to go to Vancouver in 2010 if her body holds out.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
demarinis5 said:
She looked fabulous and sexy. I could not believe it was Sasha. She was wearing a great black dress.
She did look beautiful!! They showed clips of her short program, I don't remember if they showed the falls. I stayed up to watch so was kind of tired watching. Jay asked if she was in pain while skating and she said no she had taken tylenol and celebrex. She didn't make excuses for her falls but said it just wasn't her night. She talked about how she is learning how to let things go and move on.............which she showed in her LP.

Dee

ladysarahchatto said:
Jay asked her about Michelle:

Sasha: 'Well I was very surprized because she usually-you know she when she plans to do an event she goes..it must have been really hard for her to have to go home but on the other hand you know it was nice for Emily to have a chance to skate at the Olympics'.
OK, but seriously. With all the times Sasha has been asked about this in the past, and all the times she will be asked about it in the future, WHY doesn't one of her handlers pull her aside and tell her: Look, the answer to that question is: "I am sorry that Michelle was injured. She has been a great champion and I hope to see her fully recovered next season."

MM

millie

Medalist
Mathman said:
OK, but seriously. With all the times Sasha has been asked about this in the past, and all the times she will be asked about it in the future, WHY doesn't one of her handlers pull her aside and tell her: Look, the answer to that question is: "I am sorry that Michelle was injured. She has been a great champion and I hope to see her fully recovered next season."

MM

MM, probably they don't think that it's a big deal and they don't see anything wrong with the way she responds to the question. I was wondering, whenever Sasha has been injured or sick ,has Michelle ever wrote her a note or said in public that she was sorry that Sasha was not well and that she hopes that she recovers soon. I don't see what the big deal is about her responses.:)

I guess so, Millie. But the girl is just so darn stubborn! I'm sure lots of people have tried to tell her what the polite response is, but she just can't seem to force her mouth to say those words. Oh, well.

MM :)

kittyjake5

On the Ice
IMO Sasha and Michelle are not "girlfriends". It seems to me that they
have a polite relationship with each other and that's it.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
kittyjake5 said:
IMO Sasha and Michelle are not "girlfriends". It seems to me that they
have a polite relationship with each other and that's it.

While Sasha's response was polite and adequate, I don't think that something like "I'm sorry she's hurt" should be restricted to girlfriends.

Last edited:

graceness

Rinkside
Mathman said:

MM

Mathman, I SOOO agree! I watched Leno last night and though Sasha was gorgeously dressed, newly tinted hair, etc., I really think it appropriate that for ONCE she at least acknowledge Michelle's contributions to figure skating. This comment on Leno was subpar, IMO. I don't care how many times she's asked the question, she is now 21, she's getting tons of spotlight, how much could it cost her to be a bit more gracious? I mean after all, she's finally out from under Michelle's shadow and is loving the limelight, so why not be generous?

At the same time, I'm a little surprised that Leno and many in the press who have praised Sasha for digging deep and skating well for the rest of her program. As one pundit said, paraphrase, "Well, sure, what did you expect? She's either gonna do that or totally fall apart." So when Michelle fell in 2002, why didn't we see a lot of press along the lines of, "Wow, good job, you continued on in your program!" Instead, it was, well, she failed again.

Graceness

gkelly

Record Breaker
Well, I didn't see the appearance or hear the tone of voice, but to me "it must have been really hard for her to have to go home" sounds empathetic enough.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:

MM

The way she responded seemed OK to me. Only Kwanfans would take objection to the way she phrased it, IMO.

kyla2

Final Flight
From A Michelle Fan

This is coming from a Michelle fan. I think those of us who call ourselves her fans (Michelle's) have been way too hard on Sasha, especially regarding her comments when asked about Michelle's situation. Sasha's comments were appropriate and respectful. I think that's enough. I saw the interview, Sasha looked great and everything she said was pleasant and courteous. I think we need to give it a rest. Do I think for one minute Sasha was sorry Michelle couldn't be there? Hell no, Michelle is her number one competitor, and I wouldn't expect her to lie about it. That's dishonest. She answered the question honestly and nicely considering the circumstances. Let Sasha have her time in the spotlight without criticizing everything she does and says. She's seems very nice and those who have met her in person speak highly of her-especially the younger skaters. That says alot. Sasha is very deserving of our respect after the way she handled a very disappointing situation. Let's show some graciousness ourselves.

IDLERACER

Medalist
I wonder if she had to share a dressing room with any of those sloths, bears or monkeys.