Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sasha Guest On Jay Leno

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    OK, but seriously. With all the times Sasha has been asked about this in the past, and all the times she will be asked about it in the future, WHY doesn't one of her handlers pull her aside and tell her: Look, the answer to that question is: "I am sorry that Michelle was injured. She has been a great champion and I hope to see her fully recovered next season."

MM
    The way she responded seemed OK to me. Only Kwanfans would take objection to the way she phrased it, IMO.

Custom Title

From A Michelle Fan

This is coming from a Michelle fan. I think those of us who call ourselves her fans (Michelle's) have been way too hard on Sasha, especially regarding her comments when asked about Michelle's situation. Sasha's comments were appropriate and respectful. I think that's enough. I saw the interview, Sasha looked great and everything she said was pleasant and courteous. I think we need to give it a rest. Do I think for one minute Sasha was sorry Michelle couldn't be there? Hell no, Michelle is her number one competitor, and I wouldn't expect her to lie about it. That's dishonest. She answered the question honestly and nicely considering the circumstances. Let Sasha have her time in the spotlight without criticizing everything she does and says. She's seems very nice and those who have met her in person speak highly of her-especially the younger skaters. That says alot. Sasha is very deserving of our respect after the way she handled a very disappointing situation. Let's show some graciousness ourselves.

Down With It
    Great point...so maybe now it's "some Kwanfans".

Does anyone have pictures of Sasha on Leno?

I wonder if she had to share a dressing room with any of those sloths, bears or monkeys.

Down With It
    I've got DV video, but obviously I'd have to convert it and screencap it.

Custom Title
    Sasha was also on Access Hollywood tonight. They showed clips of her before she went on Leno. She told Access Hollywood that the next time she's on Jay Leno will be as an actress. She would like to act in an historical movie or act as a real life character. She's on Kelly and Regis tommorrow morning, then The Ellen Show in the afternoon. Then off to the Oscars this weekend. Boy, do she have a busy week, then off to Worlds. She did an excellent job on Access Hollywood. :chorus: :chorus:

Skater Girl
    Haha, Sasha as an actress. I can't see it - but I can see her doing historical stuff for some reason. I know she loves historical novels and biographies and such (I know some of her more recent favorite books are mine, too, it's kind of sad...but I've always been addicted to historical fiction, if it's good anyway).

Down With It
    OK, here you go:

Custom Title
    This Kwan fan has not objection to how Sasha phrased her reply. It's not good to lump fans together.

Custom Title
    I did not watch the show but I heard about it from someone that did.

Here is a question for those who watched it:

Did Jay Leno refer to her medal as her Olympic medal (not SILVER medal)? Did he call her 'Olympic champion'? OK, that's two questions.

Seriously, did it appear to be an effort to create the impression that she actually won the Olympic gold? I have heard that some people that don't follow FS think that she did.

If this is true, that would be a shame. I would say that NBC violated the ethics of journalism. However, I would like to hear from those who watched the show about how it was presented.

Vash

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flowjo35
    This Kwan fan has not objection to how Sasha phrased her reply. It's not good to lump fans together.
    This is another Kwan fan who has no objection to how She phrased her reply. And I don't want/expect everyone souded like Kwan, after all had she been critcized as 'phony'? IMO, Sasha did as gracious as she could manage, think about the Sasha in old days.
    Last edited by mzheng; 03-01-2006 at 11:58 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    I did not watch the show but I heard about it from someone that did.

Here is a question for those who watched it:

Did Jay Leno refer to her medal as her Olympic medal (not SILVER medal)? Did he call her 'Olympic champion'? OK, that's two questions.

Seriously, did it appear to be an effort to create the impression that she actually won the Olympic gold? I have heard that some people that don't follow FS think that she did.

If this is true, that would be a shame. I would say that NBC violated the ethics of journalism. However, I would like to hear from those who watched the show about how it was presented.

Vash
    I diddn't watch the show either. But was Irina invited? I read somewhere that both Sasha and Irina were invited to some show, but not the winner Arakawa. Was it this show?

Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    I diddn't watch the show either. But was Irina invited? I read somewhere that both Sasha and Irina were invited to some show, but not the winner Arakawa. Was it this show?
    Keep in mind that the Tonight Show is very convenient for her, because she lives in southern California. Obviously, that's not the case with Slutskaya or Arakawa.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    Keep in mind that the Tonight Show is very convenient for her, because she lives in southern California. Obviously, that's not the case with Slutskaya or Arakawa.
    Oh, thanks. I don't know it is broadcasted from Cal. I bearly watch talk show. Unless I absolutely has nothing to do and can't sleep early.

I was just thinking if both Cohen and Irina were invited not Arakawa then what Vash said in his/her post make some sense....but seems this is not the case here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast