Sasha Guest On Jay Leno | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha Guest On Jay Leno

R.D.

Record Breaker
I've got DV video, but obviously I'd have to convert it and screencap it.

millie

Medalist
Sasha was also on Access Hollywood tonight. They showed clips of her before she went on Leno. She told Access Hollywood that the next time she's on Jay Leno will be as an actress. She would like to act in an historical movie or act as a real life character. She's on Kelly and Regis tommorrow morning, then The Ellen Show in the afternoon. Then off to the Oscars this weekend. Boy, do she have a busy week, then off to Worlds. She did an excellent job on Access Hollywood. :chorus: :chorus:

Lanie

On the Ice
Haha, Sasha as an actress. I can't see it - but I can see her doing historical stuff for some reason. I know she loves historical novels and biographies and such (I know some of her more recent favorite books are mine, too, it's kind of sad...but I've always been addicted to historical fiction, if it's good anyway).

flowjo35

On the Ice
This Kwan fan has not objection to how Sasha phrased her reply. It's not good to lump fans together.

Vash01

Medalist
I did not watch the show but I heard about it from someone that did.

Here is a question for those who watched it:

Did Jay Leno refer to her medal as her Olympic medal (not SILVER medal)? Did he call her 'Olympic champion'? OK, that's two questions.

Seriously, did it appear to be an effort to create the impression that she actually won the Olympic gold? I have heard that some people that don't follow FS think that she did.

If this is true, that would be a shame. I would say that NBC violated the ethics of journalism. However, I would like to hear from those who watched the show about how it was presented.

Vash

mzheng

Record Breaker
flowjo35 said:
This Kwan fan has not objection to how Sasha phrased her reply. It's not good to lump fans together.
This is another Kwan fan who has no objection to how She phrased her reply. And I don't want/expect everyone souded like Kwan, after all had she been critcized as 'phony'? IMO, Sasha did as gracious as she could manage, think about the Sasha in old days. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Vash01 said:

Did Jay Leno refer to her medal as her Olympic medal (not SILVER medal)? Did he call her 'Olympic champion'? OK, that's two questions.

Seriously, did it appear to be an effort to create the impression that she actually won the Olympic gold? I have heard that some people that don't follow FS think that she did.

If this is true, that would be a shame. I would say that NBC violated the ethics of journalism. However, I would like to hear from those who watched the show about how it was presented.

Vash
I diddn't watch the show either. But was Irina invited? I read somewhere that both Sasha and Irina were invited to some show, but not the winner Arakawa. Was it this show?

IDLERACER

Medalist
mzheng said:
I diddn't watch the show either. But was Irina invited? I read somewhere that both Sasha and Irina were invited to some show, but not the winner Arakawa. Was it this show?
Keep in mind that the Tonight Show is very convenient for her, because she lives in southern California. Obviously, that's not the case with Slutskaya or Arakawa.

mzheng

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
Keep in mind that the Tonight Show is very convenient for her, because she lives in southern California. Obviously, that's not the case with Slutskaya or Arakawa.
Oh, thanks. I don't know it is broadcasted from Cal. I bearly watch talk show. Unless I absolutely has nothing to do and can't sleep early.

I was just thinking if both Cohen and Irina were invited not Arakawa then what Vash said in his/her post make some sense....but seems this is not the case here.

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
I am a dual MK/Sasha fan. Regarding Sasha's statements about MK, she says enough to be polite and no more. This neither increases nor decreases my view of her character.

R.D.

Record Breaker
this really should be a non-issue. She didn't cuss her out or anything, did she?

tarotx

On the Ice
Vash01 said:

Vash

Sasha had her medal with her. It was clearly a silver medal. In the begining of the episode they say Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen but Jay asks Sasha about her short program and Sasha mentions finishing first. They go on to her long and they mention the falls but the talk is how Sasha over came the mistakes so if someone wasn't paying attention or was super sensitive they may have took it the wrong way.

John King

Final Flight
What were you thinking?

Obviously no one is going to invite Shizuka to the Tonight Show for a few years at least,because her English is non-existant at present.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Mathman said:
OK, but seriously. With all the times Sasha has been asked about this in the past, and all the times she will be asked about it in the future, WHY doesn't one of her handlers pull her aside and tell her: Look, the answer to that question is: "I am sorry that Michelle was injured. She has been a great champion and I hope to see her fully recovered next season."

MM

I don´t think there is one right answer to that question, as this did not happen in the school, where there are questions and right answers, LOL. Outside the school there are polite, respectful, empatic and honest sounding answers. The one by Sasha definetely was all that, in my opinion.

Last edited:

millie

Medalist
Figure skating is a sport! I was wondering in all the other sports and Olympic sports, when another athlete is injured and can't partake in that sport, does any other athlete's from another team make it a special point to send well wishes to that athlete. Also at the Olympics, there were a number of athletes of one person venues that were injured, I never heard any commentary from the other athletes how thay felt because so and so couldn't compete. Most of them were probably elated when they knew one of their competitors couldn't compete. I don't even think any one of them were asked that question. Figure skating is an individual competitive sport not a team. If it was a team sport and one of the athletes was injured and when asked how do you feel because so and so is injured, then you give sympathy and feel sorry. Since figure skating is not a team sport, Sasha's response to the question was appropriate. If she showed any more empathy in her response, people would say that she is only saying it for show and don't really mean it. So in my opinion, Sasha response to the question about Michelle was appropriate.:) She never compared Michelle to Methuselah and that her body was to old for skating. So what's the big deal.

Bravo for Regis and Kelly for not asking that "question". They must have their answer. Sasha is a classy young lady.:rock:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
She was also on Jimmy Kimmel last night.

She's on Regis and Kelly today (being aired right now in my area) and then Ellen.

I'll post vids for those who missed them.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog said:
She was also on Jimmy Kimmel last night.

She's on Regis and Kelly today (being aired right now in my area) and then Ellen.

I'll post vids for those who missed them.
Your are such a good dog!!! I promise I will be nice to you all day today......look out tomorrow. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
Vash01 said:

Vash

I watched Sasha on the Leno Show and saw nothing of the kind.

Some people really need to stop over analyzing, reading into all things Sasha, and searching for double meanings. Leno NEVER called her Olympic Champion, nor implied that she was. If she was called 'Olympic Medallist' that's what she is. There is not a thing wrong with that.