Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sasha Guest On Jay Leno

I am a dual MK/Sasha fan. Regarding Sasha's statements about MK, she says enough to be polite and no more. This neither increases nor decreases my view of her character.

Down With It
    this really should be a non-issue. She didn't cuss her out or anything, did she?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    I did not watch the show but I heard about it from someone that did.

Here is a question for those who watched it:

Did Jay Leno refer to her medal as her Olympic medal (not SILVER medal)? Did he call her 'Olympic champion'? OK, that's two questions.

Seriously, did it appear to be an effort to create the impression that she actually won the Olympic gold? I have heard that some people that don't follow FS think that she did.

If this is true, that would be a shame. I would say that NBC violated the ethics of journalism. However, I would like to hear from those who watched the show about how it was presented.

Vash
    Sasha had her medal with her. It was clearly a silver medal. In the begining of the episode they say Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen but Jay asks Sasha about her short program and Sasha mentions finishing first. They go on to her long and they mention the falls but the talk is how Sasha over came the mistakes so if someone wasn't paying attention or was super sensitive they may have took it the wrong way.

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar

What were you thinking?

Obviously no one is going to invite Shizuka to the Tonight Show for a few years at least,because her English is non-existant at present.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    OK, but seriously. With all the times Sasha has been asked about this in the past, and all the times she will be asked about it in the future, WHY doesn't one of her handlers pull her aside and tell her: Look, the answer to that question is: "I am sorry that Michelle was injured. She has been a great champion and I hope to see her fully recovered next season."

MM
    I don´t think there is one right answer to that question, as this did not happen in the school, where there are questions and right answers, LOL. Outside the school there are polite, respectful, empatic and honest sounding answers. The one by Sasha definetely was all that, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Jaana; 03-02-2006 at 07:01 AM.

Custom Title
    Figure skating is a sport! I was wondering in all the other sports and Olympic sports, when another athlete is injured and can't partake in that sport, does any other athlete's from another team make it a special point to send well wishes to that athlete. Also at the Olympics, there were a number of athletes of one person venues that were injured, I never heard any commentary from the other athletes how thay felt because so and so couldn't compete. Most of them were probably elated when they knew one of their competitors couldn't compete. I don't even think any one of them were asked that question. Figure skating is an individual competitive sport not a team. If it was a team sport and one of the athletes was injured and when asked how do you feel because so and so is injured, then you give sympathy and feel sorry. Since figure skating is not a team sport, Sasha's response to the question was appropriate. If she showed any more empathy in her response, people would say that she is only saying it for show and don't really mean it. So in my opinion, Sasha response to the question about Michelle was appropriate. She never compared Michelle to Methuselah and that her body was to old for skating. So what's the big deal.

Bravo for Regis and Kelly for not asking that "question". They must have their answer. Sasha is a classy young lady.
    Last edited by millie; 03-02-2006 at 09:54 AM.

What would Brian Boitano do?
    I'm so bummed I missed this!!

Down With It
    She was also on Jimmy Kimmel last night.

She's on Regis and Kelly today (being aired right now in my area) and then Ellen.

I'll post vids for those who missed them.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog

She's on Regis and Kelly today (being aired right now in my area) and then Ellen.

Your are such a good dog!!! I promise I will be nice to you all day today......look out tomorrow.

Dee

Custom Title

Did Jay Leno refer to her medal as her Olympic medal (not SILVER medal)? Did he call her 'Olympic champion'? OK, that's two questions.

Seriously, did it appear to be an effort to create the impression that she actually won the Olympic gold? I have heard that some people that don't follow FS think that she did.

If this is true, that would be a shame. I would say that NBC violated the ethics of journalism. However, I would like to hear from those who watched the show about how it was presented.

Vash
    I watched Sasha on the Leno Show and saw nothing of the kind.

Some people really need to stop over analyzing, reading into all things Sasha, and searching for double meanings. Leno NEVER called her Olympic Champion, nor implied that she was. If she was called 'Olympic Medallist' that's what she is. There is not a thing wrong with that.

Sasha looked so beautiful on Leno. I would love to copy her hair color.

Custom Title

Vash

I have seen all the post Olympic interviews that Sasha has done and in every interview that she has done she has shown her SILVER medal and they have introduced her as the Olympic Silver Medalist. Unless people got a problem with that, I don't know, unless they are trying to stir the pot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog

RedDog, like Randy would say on American Idol, YO DOG, you're in the"DOG POUND". What would we do without you!:chorus: :chorus:

Down With It
    np, guys. Vids are encoding right now as I type this. However, that's the easy part...the hard part is getting them uploaded to a reliable host!!!

Custom Title
    Red Dog take your time.

Please know we are very thankful that you are doing this

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast