Need help with no refridge recipe sugestions | Golden Skate

Need help with no refridge recipe sugestions

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I'm co-hosting a bachelorette party for a friend of mine on saturday and we will be staying in a hotel in austin. We plan on going out to eat for a late dinner (probably 9 or so) but for the present portion of the evening I would like to have some snacks/light appetizers. Because we will be in a hotel I wont have access to a kitchen, so I either need to bring things that can assemble quickly or will travel well on the 70 mile drive from SA to austin and then require no refridgeration.

This is kinda a stumper isnt it?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Fruit, cheese, nuts, crackers? Maybe a small cooler for some cold dips? Is there a microwave in the hotel room to reheat hot dips?

sk8m8

Final Flight
It's been my experience that a reasonable gratuity will often buy you extra priveledges in hotels...

I like the idea of fruits, nuts, cheese and dips. Since it's late night I like the idea of danish and coffee or some easy pastry type desserts from a buyers club. They are usually wrapped and travel well and require not heating/cooling. Also, a frozen cheesecake, packed on the morning or early afternoon of the day should be perfectly thawed by the time you get back to the hotel room.

Have a great party!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Taco Dip:

pound of ground round
container of sour cream
cup of miracle whip (i know, i know but its tasty...)
refried beans
can of kidney beans - drained
pack of taco seasoning
diced tomatos - drained

sometimes i bake it @ 350, sometimes i don't...
layer it to taste
add whatever floats your boat.
tostios dip chips (i like the little bowl ones

this is a fool-proof (i.e. kw can make it, therefore its easy...) snack that takes about 15 minutes prep and has the equilivant shelf life of twinkies... leave out with the chips and it stays fresh. easy peesy.

also, fried chicken wing dings (not buffalo) travel well.

have fun!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I have found that most hotels will try to accomodate getting things like small refrigerator, etc. Sometimes it may cost a few bucks but worth it. Actually, you can probably find them on the internet and see what they have, etc. Lots of times I have needed refrigerators for to keep cheese, etc. for diabetics. My biggest problem is usually can't find an outlet for my heating pad. I got one of those with liquid in plastic you can jiggle to heat up but usually forget to take it. You have to bring them to a boil to work the next time so guess if I were gone several days I could take a crockpot. Nothing like a lot of luggage for an old woman! :rofl:
Another thing is those little ice packs. I ended up with quite a few of them. There are also jugs of liquid in some of the ice boxes for traveling. Actually, there are quite a few things available.

Last edited:

missBella

Rinkside
Since you're at a hotel and going out to dinner after anyways, I would only bring some desserts or sweet stuff. I'd bring cheesecake, caramel popcorn, cloddhoppers, some funky candy and some (non-alcoholic) champagne. The presentation is the key! to make it look interesting and fun and not dull.

imo :scratch: