skaters '90 - '93 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

skaters '90 - '93

Skate@Delaware

On the Ice
I am teaching my son, who is ten, figure skating. He also takes group lessons, but I am "filling in" and catching him up. He was a hockey skater.

He is doing pretty well, as long as I don't embarrass him in front of the girls (he is shy around girls-he is ten). So far he is managing his 2-foot spins, waltz jump, almost a 3-turn, edges, and not falling on the toepick.

icy fresh

On the Ice
Skate@Delaware, I think that's cool that you teach him. Does he ever get mad at you or yell at you? My mom was my main coach for a while and I used to yell at her. So we decided that I should have a different coach and now I do. If he does yell at you, I wouldn't take it personally, though. It's just really hard to hear a parent critique your every move.

On a side note, I know I mentioned this in the other thread, but I passed my Novice moves today!

icy fresh

On the Ice
Hey! I just had a competition these last couple of days and I came in 2nd in juvenile freestyle out of 7 skaters! It was a great feeling and I almost cried. It was such a dream come true. I've been sick this entire week and I haven't been able to do full run-throughs of my program so to go out, skate better than ever, and win a silver medal was amazing!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Wow! Congratulations! That really is something, even if I don't understand your American tests and competitions.
I skated very well in Hungary, but others were better :biggrin: I am glad that I did all jumps and spins in my program, and the result is not that important. we have 2, maybe 3 competitions in seson and the most important thing was, as my coach says, "to win myself". I am usually very nervous before the program, and now I really skated good.
So, competitions soon, anyone?
Milochka

peachy

Rinkside
Icy_fresh that's awesome!! That's so exciting! It sucks that you're not feeling well, I hope you get better soon!

But yeah, congrats on the silver medal!!

icy fresh

On the Ice
peachy said:
Icy_fresh that's awesome!! That's so exciting! It sucks that you're not feeling well, I hope you get better soon!

But yeah, congrats on the silver medal!!

Mrs Redboots said:
Congratulations, Icyfresh!

Thanks so much everyone! Your support means a lot to me! I can't wait until my next competition, which is in June.

icy fresh

On the Ice
An Italian Bambina because bambina means baby girl in Italian, and I'm Italian! I'm not first generation or anything since I live in the United States, but there is a lot of Italian blood in my family.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
icy fresh said:
An Italian Bambina because bambina means baby girl in Italian, and I'm Italian! I'm not first generation or anything since I live in the United States, but there is a lot of Italian blood in my family.

Yeah, I knew what bambina means...only didn't know that you are half-Italian.

I am half-Russian :biggrin: :love:

Jshbo724

Spectator
I was born July 1991, so I guess I fit this thread!! LOL. I only have one program so far, because I've only been skating for about 7 months. It's the spring ice show program, and it's set to a song called "On My Way" by Phil Collins from the movie Brother Bear, because the theme this year is Disney. I'm soooo excited since this is my first performance ever for a crowd. My skating has been good too. I have all my singles except my axel, and recently got my layback spin a lot better. I've also started working on sit-change-sit spins. They're a bit challenging, LOL. My first competition will be in July, and it'll probably end up being on my birthday, so that'll be even more exciting for me.

Hope everyone else's skating is going good!!

~Jess :rock:

icy fresh

On the Ice
Hi Jess! Welcome! You'll have tons of fun here.

Does anyone here do ice dance? If so what dances are you on?

peachy

Rinkside
anything_for_skating said:
Competitions soon, anyone? For me yes, Nationals on 12th and 13th.
Good luck!!! I'm sure you will be great! Let us know how it goes!

Icy_fresh, I don't compete in dance, but I do dance tests... I just passed the Keats foxtrot and I'm working on the Rocker to test it in a few weeks. Do you do ice dance?

icy fresh

On the Ice
AnythingforSkating, to get the picture in your sig first you need to find a picture/blend that you want. Then save it as a picture on your computer. Then go to www.imageshack.us and upload that picture by browsing for your picture file. Once you find the correct one press ok and the Upload. After a minute or two, a page will pop up with a bunch of codes. Find the one that says Hotlink for Forums. Then copy that and paste it into your signature. Haha I hope that wasn't too confusing. If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to ask.

Peachy, yeah I do ice dance. I compete on the solo track and I really should be a lot farther in my dances, but I've had 3 diffferent coaches in the last year. One coach was very unprofessional, another moved away, and so I finally got a male coach that I can partner with last year.