Angela Nikodenov looked so sad on TV | Golden Skate

Angela Nikodenov looked so sad on TV

Johar

Medalist
She was coaching a male skater at the Olympics whose name escapes me, but her eyes looked so lifeless. I guess when you lose your mom and your career the same day it's to be expected. :cry:

Ivan Dinev.

To me, it was hard to read her expression. Maybe she was just looking intense because of the competition.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Yeah, she looked so sad. My daughter was the one mentioned it to me first.

soogar

Record Breaker
Angela has always had sad eyes. Even when she has a big smile on her face, her eyes look sad.

ceg15

On the Ice
soogar said:
Angela has always had sad eyes. Even when she has a big smile on her face, her eyes look sad.

Yes, I know what you mean. She's been through a lot, it's a sin. :(

jesslily

Final Flight
She did look sad since her mom passed away during 2005 nationals. It's a horriable accident...since then she did not have the courage to compete again...maybe coaching is her best career choice for now....Angelar is a great skater...

R.D.

Record Breaker
I don't remember seeing her on TV. Which network and which broadcast was this?

Johar

Medalist
jesslily said:
She did look sad since her mom passed away during 2005 nationals. It's a horriable accident...since then she did not have the courage to compete again...maybe coaching is her best career choice for now....Angelar is a great skater...

She can't skate as of now due to a hand injury from the accident.

babyoscar

On the Ice
Angela

Angela has had the injured hand for awhile. When I saw her at 2005 COI backstage, you can tell she was having a hard time signing autographs. Her right hand is badly burned, along with a little bit of her arm. I was suprised that info never came out until Anglea announced she can't compete for awhile. Oh yea, when I saw her, her hand has too much scar tissue and burnt scars on it.

Johar

Medalist
Was the burn from scraping the asphalt or fire? I don't recall there being a fire from the accident.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
babyoscar said:
Angela has had the injured hand for awhile. When I saw her at 2005 COI backstage, you can tell she was having a hard time signing autographs. Her right hand is badly burned, along with a little bit of her arm. I was suprised that info never came out until Anglea announced she can't compete for awhile. Oh yea, when I saw her, her hand has too much scar tissue and burnt scars on it.

That information did come out. Her Dr absolutely vetoed any skating. Her hand was in such bad shape any type of fall could have crippled it permanently. The last that I heard, she was going in for skin grafts. It wasn't lack of courage at all.

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I don't know why I never thought of this before. If Angela retires, SOI should grab her fast.

Johar

Medalist
She's not able to skate at all anymore due to her hand injury. A fall could do permament damage, and it's already messed up.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
They did show her during the Mens SPs or LPs coaching Ivan Dinev but I can't remember which one (I think it was the LP though). They also did an interview with and update about her on one of the Olympic Ice shows that aired later on during the first week of the Olympics. Even though she looked a bit serious, she seemed to be doing okay overall. I think she seemed touched that they wanted to find out how she was doing! The last I heard about her skating was that she was hoping to skate again after she finally heals from her injury. She's never officially retired from skating altogether and it would be such a loss if she wasn't able to skate ever again. I'm hopeful that after they finish taking care of her hand and arm that she'll be back on the ice. ITA that SOI should get her on board ASAP because she would be wonderful on that tour! :)

Last edited: