10 guarantees I make for the next Olympics! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

10 guarantees I make for the next Olympics!

Kwanford Wife said:
But here's the question, which US dance team? I know the US team is deep, but is it good?
Mathews and Zavosin, gold. Davis and White, silver. :agree:

We have our own Daisuke in America and he may just win 2010 Olys. Watch him in Juniors this year and Seniors next.

Daisuke Muramaki (USA)

Joe

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Gotta agree with you there about Daisuke, Joe. That kid has tons of talent! We were talking about him and his potential during the competition in St. Louis. The other youngster I have my eye on is Caroline Zhang. She caught my attention when she was in Novice last year and this year in Juniors, she got even better. She has tons of talent and is a great performer too. I'm looking forward to watching these two grow into amazing skaters! :)

Thanks for reminding me, Heather. Caroline Zhang is another outstanding Junior to watch this year and Senior next year.

Her body flow is so natural and not like it was studied in a ballet studio.

Joe

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Joesitz said:
We have our own Daisuke in America and he may just win 2010 Olys. Watch him in Juniors this year and Seniors next.

Daisuke Muramaki (USA)

Joe

Skaters that nobody but the most avid skatings fans have heard of winning the next Olympics happens in ladies but not mens:

84 Hamilton-5th at the 1980 Olympics

88 Boitano-up and comer with triple axel in 84

92 Petrenko-up and comer and surprise bronze at 88 Olympics

94-Urmanov-he was certainly known in 92.

98 Kulik-he was a highly regarded junior on the World scene from 93-95

2002 Yagudin-he was already 5th at the Olympics and 3rd at Worlds at the time of the 98 Olympics ending

2006 Plushenko-nuff said

mzheng

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Skaters that nobody but the most avid skatings fans have heard of winning the next Olympics happens in ladies but not mens:

84 Hamilton-5th at the 1980 Olympics

88 Boitano-up and comer with triple axel in 84

92 Petrenko-up and comer and surprise bronze at 88 Olympics

94-Urmanov-he was certainly known in 92.

98 Kulik-he was a highly regarded junior on the World scene from 93-95

2002 Yagudin-he was already 5th at the Olympics and 3rd at Worlds at the time of the 98 Olympics ending

2006 Plushenko-nuff said
Interesting observation. I have to say this the most entertaining thread in GS right now. lol

Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife

A poster after my own heart... unfortunately, if they only gave out medals for dress ~ there wouldn't be a lot of medalists, espcially in Ice Dance...
Why there is no custumn deductions on dance team? It looked like those ladies could've use more clothes....What about those underaged audience?

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
mzheng said:
Interesting observation. I have to say this the most entertaining thread in GS right now. lol

Why there is no custumn deductions on dance team? It looked like those ladies could've use more clothes....What about those underaged audience?

No joke. Some of them looked like they should be pushing corners instead of ice dancing.

Vash01

Medalist
slutskayafan21 said:
1. Russia will win no golds in figure skating the next 4 years if Plushenko retires.

2. Lambiel will not win the next Olympic Gold whether Plushenko retires or not.

3. Belbin/Agosto will not win the next Olympic Gold.

4. The U.S will not win a medal of any color in mens at the next Olympics.

5. Canada will win atleast 2 medals at the next Olympics.

6. Kwan and Slutskaya will not be at the next Olympics.

7. If Cohen is at the next Olympics she will not medal.

8. Zhang/Zhang will be the next Olympic Champions.

9. Pang/Tong will retire before the next Olympics.

10. Sandhu will never win a World medal, and will retire before the next Olympics.

I will be right on all 10 of these, there is no doubt.

I agree with only 5 and 6. I was tempted to agree on #10, but I noticed the word 'never' and decided against it. Sandhu could win a world medal in Calgary this month!

Vash