Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 10 guarantees I make for the next Olympics!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    That seems to be the bottom line in evaluating the effect of the New Judging System. I love all those little numbers. I spend hours happily adding them up, rearranging them in various ways, running statistical analyses...But the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

MM
    Oh, yeah, those numbers are definitely there to convince general public and media that there is no cheating in judges.

And by the way, John Z. was not the only one in bussiness felt there was some puzzles in Ladie's final judging.....there were quite a few peers who involved in sports long time felt the same way as him in competetion......but I guess after reviewing the protocol sheets, they were suppose to be convinced as well?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller
    ASIAN skaters will take three out of four gold medals at the 2010 Olympics (ladies, men & pairs).

USA will win dance -- not necessarily Belbin/Agosto.

That's all I have to say.
    You could easily end up right. Already Asada and Kim are two of the contenders for women, Oda and Takahashi for men, and Zhang/Zhang in pairs. The other contenders for 2010 to join that group might also be Asian!

Also the U.S could have multiple possabilities for gold in dance by 2010.

Down With It
    Let's dig up this thread in four years and see what happens.

Custom Title
    As I said earlier- no way will I prep a list of contenders this early. Kimmie and Asada both have puberty to finish off & then see how their bodies hold up.

One asian I would love to see in 2010 is NNN. I guess if Nam goes we will see a Kwan at the Olympics- Karen.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Well this is quite a wish list, but let's see Russia not on the Olympic podium? In which lifetime are we speaking? I would love to see a couple of Canadians on the podium, that is possible, but it's four years yet to the Vancouver Olympics. A lot can happen on the road there.

The bottom line is, no one can make predictions this early. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    But here's the question, which US dance team? I know the US team is deep, but is it good?
    IMHO yes it is... and it will continue to thrive with the new attention the USFSA has said it will be getting thanks to the success of Tanith and Ben....

Gregory & Petukhov = GOLD in 2010!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater
    Well this is quite a wish list, but let's see Russia not on the Olympic podium? In which lifetime are we speaking? I would love to see a couple of Canadians on the podium, that is possible, but it's four years yet to the Vancouver Olympics. A lot can happen on the road there.

The bottom line is, no one can make predictions this early. Nice try.
    I dont believe I said no Russians on the podium. I said no Russian golds at Worlds or Olympics until after 2010 if Plushy retires.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    I dont like the Zhangs either but they are technicaly outrageously strong, and they also are very liked by the judges as their questionable silver medal result in Turin shows. I just could not see anybody rising up to truly challenge them, let alone beat them, considering who is going, and where remaining ones and new ones would have to go. I like Emannuel's skating when he isnt a headcase but I wouldnt be surprised if he retired before next season, and no matter what he does, I hugely doubt he will win a World medal personaly since he is a total headcase.

Good point on Kwan and Slutskaya, I would love to see both in the booth.
    ¨

I love all the chinese pairs and I'm convince that Zhang & Zhang will develop an artistic side as well. I mean, when Shen & Zhao first came they were also known for there athleticism, not the artistery, but now everyone loves them. Pang & Tong has also developed a lot, so why shouldn't Zhang & Zhango do so. They're not exactly old..

And I sincerely hope Sandhu won't win anything until he learns how to dress. His pants are always hideous. Just awful, you can't think of the skating coz you're so distracted by the pants..

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Engwaciriel
    ¨

And I sincerely hope Sandhu won't win anything until he learns how to dress. His pants are always hideous. Just awful, you can't think of the skating coz you're so distracted by the pants..

A poster after my own heart... unfortunately, if they only gave out medals for dress ~ there wouldn't be a lot of medalists, espcially in Ice Dance...

Custom Title

A poster after my own heart... unfortunately, if they only gave out medals for dress ~ there wouldn't be a lot of medalists, espcially in Ice Dance...
    yeah, but he's even worse..is he even wearing anything under them? don't look like it..

But here's the question, which US dance team? I know the US team is deep, but is it good?
    Mathews and Zavosin, gold. Davis and White, silver.

We have our own Daisuke in America and he may just win 2010 Olys. Watch him in Juniors this year and Seniors next.

Daisuke Muramaki (USA)

Joe

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Gotta agree with you there about Daisuke, Joe. That kid has tons of talent! We were talking about him and his potential during the competition in St. Louis. The other youngster I have my eye on is Caroline Zhang. She caught my attention when she was in Novice last year and this year in Juniors, she got even better. She has tons of talent and is a great performer too. I'm looking forward to watching these two grow into amazing skaters!

Thanks for reminding me, Heather. Caroline Zhang is another outstanding Junior to watch this year and Senior next year.

Her body flow is so natural and not like it was studied in a ballet studio.

Joe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    We have our own Daisuke in America and he may just win 2010 Olys. Watch him in Juniors this year and Seniors next.

Daisuke Muramaki (USA)

Joe
    Skaters that nobody but the most avid skatings fans have heard of winning the next Olympics happens in ladies but not mens:

84 Hamilton-5th at the 1980 Olympics

88 Boitano-up and comer with triple axel in 84

92 Petrenko-up and comer and surprise bronze at 88 Olympics

94-Urmanov-he was certainly known in 92.

98 Kulik-he was a highly regarded junior on the World scene from 93-95

2002 Yagudin-he was already 5th at the Olympics and 3rd at Worlds at the time of the 98 Olympics ending

2006 Plushenko-nuff said

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast