Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Possible explanation for Kimmie's so-so performance during Turin LP?

Medalist
    Comparing Kimmie's personal best for PCS ONLY (US Nationals) and had she nailed all or most of her planned jump layout (3/3s included) she would have been in serious contention for the bronze medal. She won silver at Nationals with 175+ pts, but if she performed to her max at the LP, she could have scored over 180 after her SP pts included, so the bronze was within her grasp. Also, she scored 52pts in her LP TES and the highest she receieved is just over59pts at TEB.

I think it was more a case of inexperience, nerves, and near-impossible expectations of becoming the next Tara/Sara. The low PCS in comparison to the skaters who placed higher than Kimmie was as expected, considering her stiff, still-juniorish choreo. vs. the more fluid Mao (who God forbid I hope will not choose to tackle a serious, operatic piece, eg. Puccini, Bizet (Carmen), that is beyond her maturity level YET; coy, playful music is what suits her personality at the present). So the only way Kimmie would have medalled was for Irina to have performed worse than she [Irina] did, and for the judges to up her [Kimmie's] PCS in accordance with a cleanly landed full-jump layout as planned. And of course, Joannie and Fumie will need to have fallen on a jump or two in order to have ranked lower than Kimmie. So in a way Kimmie had a shot and she missed it (not blew it) by downgrading her two 3/3 combos.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VINLUVSKWAN
    Comparing Kimmie's personal best for PCS ONLY (US Nationals) and had she nailed all or most of her planned jump layout (3/3s included) she would have been in serious contention for the bronze medal. She won silver at Nationals with 175+ pts, but if she performed to her max at the LP, she could have scored over 180 after her SP pts included, so the bronze was within her grasp.
    Wait a minute, am I reading this right. You are using scores from U.S NATIONALS as a basis for what scores she would be capable of at the OLYMPICS?? Let me ask that again, are you really using scores from U.S NATIONALS as a basis for what scores she would be capable of at the OLYMPICS?

U.S National scoring is grossly inflated, it has absolutely no basis to what scores one would be capable of in front of an international panel. If Kimmie's scores from U.S Nationals indicate she might had been in the running for the bronze with a personal best free skate it only goes to show how far she would have been from the bronze even with her best skate.

Down With It
    I'm usually at polar opposites re. SF's posts, but I must agree with this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3