Possible explanation for Kimmie's so-so performance during Turin LP? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Possible explanation for Kimmie's so-so performance during Turin LP?

ceg15

On the Ice
I agree Red Dog, I didn't think that there would be another young american girl upset..and there wasn't. She doesn't seem mature enough yet...she's a beautiful skater though...and when she does that triple axel...wow..watch out!

She's not an orphan or a Shirley Temple. She's more like Sarah - a big teenager. She's a work in progress and in four years (that's a lot of time) we may be seeing bigger jumps, more connection to the music and Lori Nichols right there in the upcoming years. She'll be big in the US with Emily and Alissa on her tail. (Not so sure Sasha will last 4 years).

Let's look closer this Worlds and, of course, the next three.

Joe

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Those of you who are saying Kimmie had a medal hope, let alone a gold medal hope are living in la-la land. If she had skated squeeky clean with her 3/3s she might have squeeked out 3rd in the free because of Irina's disaester, but still would not have even come close to a medal since she was already 7 points behind. The gold, she would have needed a 132+ total, in other words she would have needed close to 80 points in TES. :rofl: :rofl: For even bronze she would have needed over 120 which she is not capable of even with her best skate.

slutskayafan21 said:
Those of you who are saying Kimmie had a medal hope, let alone a gold medal hope are living in la-la land. If she had skated squeeky clean with her 3/3s she might have squeeked out 3rd in the free because of Irina's disaester, but still would not have even come close to a medal since she was already 7 points behind. The gold, she would have needed a 132+ total, in other words she would have needed close to 80 points in TES. :rofl: :rofl: For even bronze she would have needed over 120 which she is not capable of even with her best skate.
So What??? If your id name means anything to you, I wouldn't be putting fans of Kimmie down with a Rofl. What about the big one? I don't see a n Rofl there.

Joe

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Joesitz said:
So What??? If your id name means anything to you, I wouldn't be putting fans of Kimmie down with a Rofl. What about the big one? I don't see a n Rofl there.

Joe

Whatever I am just trying to shed a bit of reality check to the Kimmieaniacs who really think she could have medaled no matter what she did. If they have such supreme confidence in her what I say should just roll off their backs.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Nevermind that you are painting the picture that YOU'RE RIGHT AND THEY ARE WRONG. After all, who could POSSIBLY disagree with what you have to say?

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
All I said on other threads was that AT THE MOMENT Kimmie took the ice for the free skate, she had a pretty good chance for a medal and a SLIM chance for the Gold. That IS the truth. So, I don't call that "living in la-la land".

Gimmie Kimmie:clap:

Dibs

Rinkside
Red Dog said:
Nevermind that you are painting the picture that YOU'RE RIGHT AND THEY ARE WRONG. After all, who could POSSIBLY disagree with what you have to say?

I always love Slutfan's very decisive and set in stone opinions, and then how everyone responds, myself included. Each time it is entirely priceless.:rofl: I'll never get tired of it.

millie

Medalist
Kimmie didn't show any symptons of being sick the week before, during and after her LP skate. She was on camera every day with Katie and during the evenings with Billy Bush. She seemed to going around full of live and full force talking about her Olympics experience. She got a lot of media coverage and never once seemed sick or talked about being sick. Even at the closing ceremonies she was full of live and seemed well. So if she got sick afer the Olympics, I don't think that any thing to do with her LP skate. I had to laugh at her comment that she made after her LP. She said that now hopefully the media would concentrate on her and less on the other skaters. Wasn't Kimmie one of the most talked about and interviewed athlete at the Olympics? Go figure.:)

VINLUVSKWAN

Rinkside
Comparing Kimmie's personal best for PCS ONLY (US Nationals) and had she nailed all or most of her planned jump layout (3/3s included) she would have been in serious contention for the bronze medal. She won silver at Nationals with 175+ pts, but if she performed to her max at the LP, she could have scored over 180 after her SP pts included, so the bronze was within her grasp. Also, she scored 52pts in her LP TES and the highest she receieved is just over59pts at TEB.

I think it was more a case of inexperience, nerves, and near-impossible expectations of becoming the next Tara/Sara. The low PCS in comparison to the skaters who placed higher than Kimmie was as expected, considering her stiff, still-juniorish choreo. vs. the more fluid Mao (who God forbid I hope will not choose to tackle a serious, operatic piece, eg. Puccini, Bizet (Carmen), that is beyond her maturity level YET; coy, playful music is what suits her personality at the present). So the only way Kimmie would have medalled was for Irina to have performed worse than she [Irina] did, and for the judges to up her [Kimmie's] PCS in accordance with a cleanly landed full-jump layout as planned. And of course, Joannie and Fumie will need to have fallen on a jump or two in order to have ranked lower than Kimmie. So in a way Kimmie had a shot and she missed it (not blew it) by downgrading her two 3/3 combos.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
VINLUVSKWAN said:
Comparing Kimmie's personal best for PCS ONLY (US Nationals) and had she nailed all or most of her planned jump layout (3/3s included) she would have been in serious contention for the bronze medal. She won silver at Nationals with 175+ pts, but if she performed to her max at the LP, she could have scored over 180 after her SP pts included, so the bronze was within her grasp.

Wait a minute, am I reading this right. You are using scores from U.S NATIONALS as a basis for what scores she would be capable of at the OLYMPICS?? Let me ask that again, are you really using scores from U.S NATIONALS as a basis for what scores she would be capable of at the OLYMPICS?

U.S National scoring is grossly inflated, it has absolutely no basis to what scores one would be capable of in front of an international panel. If Kimmie's scores from U.S Nationals indicate she might had been in the running for the bronze with a personal best free skate it only goes to show how far she would have been from the bronze even with her best skate.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'm usually at polar opposites re. SF's posts, but I must agree with this one.