Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible explanation for Kimmie's so-so performance during Turin LP?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Someone on another forum was saying that she caught the flu and had a fever during her long program. Then, on the plane ride back, she ruptured her eardrum (clogged up + change in altitude= not good at all. I've experienced something close to this myself once, and it was NOT a pretty experience.)

Well, whatever...let the wheel-turning begin!

She seems to catch the flu an awful lot. Didn't she have the flu during US Nationals too? Maybe she should consider getting a flu shot.

Down With It
    Even then, the flu shot doesn't protect against all strains of flu. Personally unless one's immune system can't handle the real flu, flu shots are so not worth it IMO...you might get sick anyway.

On the Ice
    I'm not sure I buy that she had the flu when she skated.......she was all over TV the next day doing interviews....particularly on "Olympic Ice" and she was her happy perky self. You'd think that if she was sick enough to let it affect her skating performance, she'd still be showing the effects of the flu, kwim??

I think she'll be quite the skater once she matures on the ice

Down With It
    maybe it was just a bad cold or something. But yes, she DID seem very vibrant. But who knows...she didn't mention a word about it, it was only the press just now that mentioned it.

Is it wrong to say that I am glad she didn't win? Then, we would have another teenage medalist riding off into the sunset. I think she has a lot of promise and she has time to develop naturally.

Down With It
    I don't think she was in a position to win in the first place.

I agree Red Dog, I didn't think that there would be another young american girl upset..and there wasn't. She doesn't seem mature enough yet...she's a beautiful skater though...and when she does that triple axel...wow..watch out!

She's not an orphan or a Shirley Temple. She's more like Sarah - a big teenager. She's a work in progress and in four years (that's a lot of time) we may be seeing bigger jumps, more connection to the music and Lori Nichols right there in the upcoming years. She'll be big in the US with Emily and Alissa on her tail. (Not so sure Sasha will last 4 years).

Let's look closer this Worlds and, of course, the next three.

Joe

Banned
    Those of you who are saying Kimmie had a medal hope, let alone a gold medal hope are living in la-la land. If she had skated squeeky clean with her 3/3s she might have squeeked out 3rd in the free because of Irina's disaester, but still would not have even come close to a medal since she was already 7 points behind. The gold, she would have needed a 132+ total, in other words she would have needed close to 80 points in TES. For even bronze she would have needed over 120 which she is not capable of even with her best skate.

Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    Those of you who are saying Kimmie had a medal hope, let alone a gold medal hope are living in la-la land. If she had skated squeeky clean with her 3/3s she might have squeeked out 3rd in the free because of Irina's disaester, but still would not have even come close to a medal since she was already 7 points behind. The gold, she would have needed a 132+ total, in other words she would have needed close to 80 points in TES. For even bronze she would have needed over 120 which she is not capable of even with her best skate.
    So What??? If your id name means anything to you, I wouldn't be putting fans of Kimmie down with a Rofl. What about the big one? I don't see a n Rofl there.

Joe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    So What??? If your id name means anything to you, I wouldn't be putting fans of Kimmie down with a Rofl. What about the big one? I don't see a n Rofl there.

Joe
    Whatever I am just trying to shed a bit of reality check to the Kimmieaniacs who really think she could have medaled no matter what she did. If they have such supreme confidence in her what I say should just roll off their backs.

Down With It
    Nevermind that you are painting the picture that YOU'RE RIGHT AND THEY ARE WRONG. After all, who could POSSIBLY disagree with what you have to say?

Custom Title
    All I said on other threads was that AT THE MOMENT Kimmie took the ice for the free skate, she had a pretty good chance for a medal and a SLIM chance for the Gold. That IS the truth. So, I don't call that "living in la-la land".

Gimmie Kimmie

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Nevermind that you are painting the picture that YOU'RE RIGHT AND THEY ARE WRONG. After all, who could POSSIBLY disagree with what you have to say?
    I always love Slutfan's very decisive and set in stone opinions, and then how everyone responds, myself included. Each time it is entirely priceless. I'll never get tired of it.

Custom Title
    Kimmie didn't show any symptons of being sick the week before, during and after her LP skate. She was on camera every day with Katie and during the evenings with Billy Bush. She seemed to going around full of live and full force talking about her Olympics experience. She got a lot of media coverage and never once seemed sick or talked about being sick. Even at the closing ceremonies she was full of live and seemed well. So if she got sick afer the Olympics, I don't think that any thing to do with her LP skate. I had to laugh at her comment that she made after her LP. She said that now hopefully the media would concentrate on her and less on the other skaters. Wasn't Kimmie one of the most talked about and interviewed athlete at the Olympics? Go figure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast