Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tonya Harding news

Custom Title

Tonya Harding news

Tonya back on the ice again...and on TV later this month.

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/celebrities/14036/

She has an amazing ability to find her way back into the public eye time and time again.

Down With It
    I'm at a loss for words...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8harvest
    Tonya back on the ice again...and on TV later this month.

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/celebrities/14036/

She has an amazing ability to find her way back into the public eye time and time again.
    Actually I think around the time of the Olympics it's the media which demonstrates an amazing ability to seek her out. I guess both sides figure I'll scratch your back if you'll scratch mine. It's Cheezy all the way. But the tv powers that be seem to think the public is buying it. :/

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    They had a clip of her the other night on ET. Tonya is still quite heavy. They showed her skating around the rink. In my opinion she reminded me of one of those bouncing balls going back and forth.

Dee

Poor thing - how she's suffered.

Joe

Joe, I don't know if you really feel sorry or if you're making fun at her. I'm not saying you're wrong. You do have to feel a little sorry that someone got so off track because of their childhood that they end up that way. Think how great it would have been had she been raised differently and would have had such a great career. That really is sad.

Custom Title
    She was an outstanding skater! I feel so sorry for her that she ruined her career. I still like to watch her SP and LP at 1991 Skate America.

Quote Originally Posted by gio
    She was an outstanding skater! I feel so sorry for her that she ruined her career. I still like to watch her SP and LP at 1991 Skate America.
    Before the Nancy whack back in the day, I admit I enjoyed Tonya's skating. She was a little rough around the edges but she had talent. I remember the media referred to hear as an athletic skater and Nancy as the graceful skater.
    She was young and stupid and she is lucky she did not end up in jail.

Ice Angel
    Good to know she still loves skating. But I never liked her performance.

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar

Memory loss?

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5
    Before the Nancy whack back in the day, I admit I enjoyed Tonya's skating. She was a little rough around the edges but she had talent. I remember the media referred to hear as an athletic skater and Nancy as the graceful skater.
    She was young and stupid and she is lucky she did not end up in jail.
    Tonya DID end up in jail,twice!Short stints,3 days and 8 days,but it did happen.

Down With It
    that's rather unfortunate.

Granny - I was half joking and half serious, and you explained it. It's a big What If Story.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gio
    Apart from the jumps, I remember I liked her deep, powerful strokes across the ice.

Custom Title

Tonya

This is a kid who had the childhood from hell. All she had was her skating. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to rise above her miserable family environment. I feel terribly sorry for her. She had an amazing talent, and she squandered it, and whatever was left of her reputation. But having said all that, I wish her well and a happier and better rest of her life.

[CENTER]Click HERE, and then click on the little video icon on the left. If you've got a pop-up blocker, you'll have to hold down your Ctrl key. there's a brief commercial before the performance. Amazingly enough, she can still do a pretty decent scratch spin, even with all that extra weight.[/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast