World Entry List | Golden Skate

World Entry List

M

mylastduchess

Overall its a strong line-up only the Russians are not sending their medalist!

Notable names are

Ladies:
Shizuka Arakawa(YAY!!)
Fumie Suguri
Yukari Nakano
Sasha Cohen
Kimmie Miessner
Joannie Rochette
Elena Sokolova
etc.
No Slutskaya

Mens:
Lambiel
Shandu
Buttle
Weir
Lysacheck
Savoie
Oda
Joubert
etc.
Plushenko is listed as a substitute

Dance:
B/A
D/L(YAY!)
D/V
F-P/M(WAAAA?)
D/S(French)
D/S(Bulgarians)
etc.
No N/K, or G/G

Pairs:
All three top chinese team (YAAAY!)
A/S(German)
P/T
D/S(Polish)
etc.
No T/M (I don't really mind)

R.D.

Record Breaker
So let me get this right- Shizuka is going to be at Worlds?

If so, good for her for not "shying" away from competition like so many other OGMs of the recent past.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
I hope that Katy Taylor somehow gets to go...I feel it in my bones that she'll be there.

Nakano is going to shock & make top three, I bet. Ditto Rochette. :rock:

R.D.

Record Breaker
well wow. SHE'S THERE!

Can she repeat her Torino performance...maybe even throw in some 3-3's in there? or will Cohen upset her for the title? Stay tuned.

Or...unless she's not going and they haven't updated the page yet...

eliza88

On the Ice
I thought I read somewhere that Shizuka would like to go to World's if possible...meaning if she can get the training time in, this may be unlikely due to all the media blitz...I'd love to see her there though!

What has happened to Canada's Cynthia Phaneuff (sp?)...has she been injured all year?

eliza88

Saundy

On the Ice
eliza88 said:
What has happened to Canada's Cynthia Phaneuff (sp?)...has she been injured all year?eliza88

Yeah, she's been getting over a stress fracture in her foot. I thought she might be at National's after missing the entire GP season, but she wasn't fully healed. I was hoping she'd be at the Olys and Worlds. :frown:

I hope she has a speedy recovery and gets back on the ice soon!

Buzzz

Final Flight
I am surprised that Griazev is listed considering he was 9th in his nationals.

peachy

Rinkside
Saundy said:
Yeah, she's been getting over a stress fracture in her foot. I thought she might be at National's after missing the entire GP season, but she wasn't fully healed. I was hoping she'd be at the Olys and Worlds. :frown:

I hope she has a speedy recovery and gets back on the ice soon!
i read that she is planning on coming back to skating for next season... I hope she heals soon too!

CDMM1991

Medalist
Interesting that Shizuka will be attending; I'm glad that she's willing to face the competition, unlike some other OGM. She is truly an admirable athlete and person. It's looking like it's going to be tough for Joannie to medal, with Suguri, Cohen, and Shizuka skating. If anyone can pull it out, it's probably her.

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Is anyone surprised that Irina is skipping worlds? I would have thought she wanted redemption of sorts.

maruru

Rinkside
Shizza is on the list, but she hasn't decided yet whether to go or not. No wonder she has been super busy, and she'll make three (or four?) appearances in ice shows next couple of days. They say she will make her decision next week though.

R.D.

Record Breaker
maruru said:
Shizza is on the list, but she hasn't decided yet whether to go or not. No wonder she has been super busy, and she'll make three (or four?) appearances in ice shows next couple of days. They say she will make her decision next week though.

ahhh...ok. Thanks for the clarification.

In this case, I'm very doubtful she'll show up. I don't think she can ever get back into top form in a couple of weeks. But then if Sasha can (supposedly) do it...Shiz SHOULD be able to do that and THEN some.

At least having the ladies OGM can pump some star power into this event. Without her, there's nothing!

Vash01

Medalist
I will be thrilled if Shizuka makes it to worlds, but she is likely to be unprepared, with all the celebrations that are going on. Still, it is admirable that she is willing to risk her medal at worlds. That is a mark of a true champion (no knock on other champions though; they may simply be burned out).

Plushenko is the second alternate. So TWO skaters will have to withdraw for him to go there (Oh please....won't you withdraw....?:laugh: ) It seems he just wants to help out his fed in case they are in trouble.

I am thrilled that Uspenski will be there; I have never seen him skate, but why no Dobrin? Is he injured?

Vash

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think I'll wait until Arakawa is actually at worlds before I commend her. JMO...

Antilles

Medalist
I'm surprised G&G won't be there in dance. They must feel they have no shot at a World title. That will make it easier for D&L to get on the podium if they skate well. Interesting to see D&V and FP&M listed.

I'm looking forward to seeing Phaneuf next year. They showed her as a spectator at Canadian nationals. She has grown and "grown up" quite a bit. I hardly recognized her.

Will be forced to listen to the same old tunes of the skaters?

I'm looking forward to seeing Joannie skate in Canada.

If Shizuka goes to Worlds and wins, I think she will be happy as a two time Worlds Gold Medalist as well as the Gold Medal Olympic Champion. It is more than enough to retire with serenity.

If Sasha goes and wins, it may determine whether or not she continues another 4 years. The 2006 GPs will let us all see if Mao is going through puberty and losing much of her skills.

Will Kimmie skate her personal best, finally?

Will Sara Meier pick up the glory of European Ladies after Irina? or will Susanna Poykio? Maybe Gedenashvili?

Will Johnny stop opining and skate the way we expect?

Will Lambiel land the 3A and walk away with the competition?

Will Buttle land his jumps?

Can Savoie steal this?

Pet/Tik v. Chinese Pairs. Interesting.

B&A's first World Gold Medal?

Lots to think about for the start of the Kwanless Era.

Joe